Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspicious file uploaded to gallery - Upgrade questions  (Read 3308 times)

mlm2005

• Coppermine novice
Suspicious file uploaded to gallery - Upgrade questions
« on: July 09, 2006, 12:39:11 am »

Hello,

I have Coppermine Version 1.3.2 installed.  I have placed it off-line because a few months ago I noticed a "file" in one of the users galleries.  It looked suspicious and since I could not edit the user at all (it did not appear in the drop down list) I decided to take the gallery off line until I had time to find out what was going on.  I had read briefly about the upgrade but then got busy with some personal matters and could not devote the time to upgrade.

Does this "file" sound suspicious?  Is this part of the vulnerability?  Are there any steps I should take before attempting to upgrade?  Can I upgrade from 1.3.2 to the most recent version.

As always, thanks for your assistance!

Nibbler

Re: Suspicious file uploaded to gallery - Upgrade questions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:43:03 am »

Update straight to the latest stable version, currently 1.4.8. 1.3.2 is ancient and has numerous security issues. Setting the gallery offline will not prevent any problems if you have already been compromised. Post a link once you have updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.