Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload doesn't recognize all directories  (Read 8886 times)

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.grafphoto.com
Batch Upload doesn't recognize all directories
« on: July 05, 2006, 12:18:10 am »

Hi,
First off, I have been searching previous threads for over an hour now trying to figure this one out myself, but have had no luck.  I also went through the Upload trouble shooting help, turned on/off the classic browsing, etc.

I just upgraded from CPG 1.3.2 to 1.4.8 and all seemed to go fairly well until I tried a batch upload.   In my Albums directory I have the following sub-directories;  images & userpics
When using CPG 1.3.2 - all my batch uploading was done through the albums/images subdirectory - which contains more sub directories with in it related to subject matter.

After the 1.4.8 upgrade, batch upload now only shows the userpics directory, not the images directory.   I created a new directory test just to see if it would appear on the list of possible batch directories, and it does.  For some reason it is ignoring my images directory that I have been using for years to FTP files to (and has hundreds of files in), then batch process from there.

For what it's worth, my config "The directory for user files" is set to images - same as it was in 1.3.2.   I have also tried the other thread recommendations of the groups settings to single file upload, still no change.   I have CHMOD the directory from 777 (what is was to begin with) to 755 - no difference.

My 'images' directory will not show up in the list under Batch Add files.  'userpics' and 'test' do show up.  Trying to figure out what to do now.  All I want is to continue to use the 'images' directory like I have been to FTP files to, and then do the batch add from there.

I created a test user account if somone thinks that will help - but this is simply in the display of the available batch directories.

I appreciate any help.  Thanks.   

Mark

UPDATE; I created another directory called images2 and put some pictures in it.   Batch Add didn't recognize this folder until I ran database update.   After that - all appeared to work ok - even used the latest 'browser.'  But it still does not pull up the old 'images' folder where a majority of my pictures sit.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:42:28 am by GauGau »

drinaman

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch Upload doesn't recognize all directories
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 03:08:18 am »

Mark,
Under General Settings, Browsable batch-add interface, set this to no.
That fixed it for me.
Also the help file says:
Browsable batch-add interface
When batch-adding files (that you have uploaded using FTP before) to your gallery, you have the option to switch between a browsable list, where you can go scroll through the directory structure in your albums-folder or to display the whole directory structure at once. Enable this option if you have a larger structure of directories and subdirectories you want to browse through (this requires your browser to be capable of displaying iframes). Set this option to "No" (disabled) if you want to use the "classic" coppermine interface that shows a complete list of the structure at once.
Should you have difficulties using one, try the other. You can toggle between these options on the batch-add page as well.

[cpg1.4.0 or better required]

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 03:11:53 am »

Mark,
Under General Settings, Browsable batch-add interface, set this to no.
That fixed it for me.
Also the help file says:
Browsable batch-add interface
When batch-adding files (that you have uploaded using FTP before) to your gallery, you have the option to switch between a browsable list, where you can go scroll through the directory structure in your albums-folder or to display the whole directory structure at once. Enable this option if you have a larger structure of directories and subdirectories you want to browse through (this requires your browser to be capable of displaying iframes). Set this option to "No" (disabled) if you want to use the "classic" coppermine interface that shows a complete list of the structure at once.
Should you have difficulties using one, try the other. You can toggle between these options on the batch-add page as well.

[cpg1.4.0 or better required]

Thanks for the reply, but this is not it.  I read this in the various threads about uploading problems and it was one of the first things I tried.  Tried it both ways and it wouldn't find that directory either way.   Thanks for responding though.

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:24:14 am »

Another piece of info... during the upgrade process, I did a file check and got this notification in the file check list;

file/folder does not exist
The file/folder "albums/images/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!" has not been found on your server, although it is mandatory. Upload the file to your webserver (using your FTP client).

So I uploaded that file as instructed - did this flag something in the database that told Coppermine not to look there anymore?  I later deleted the file, but it didn't seem to help.

Mark

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 02:20:31 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

G-man - as I explained in my original post, I already went through the trouble shooting.   The test user account doesn't see the batch option of course, but I have one setup anyway.  (Testuser/test).

Mark

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 02:27:15 pm »

and gallery url!?
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

mgraf

• Coppermine novice

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 03:44:24 pm »

The file/folder "albums/images/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!" has not been found on your server, although it is mandatory. Upload the file to your webserver (using your FTP client).
Version check never check folders other than "userpics" and "edit" !!!
how did you got that !?  :o

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 06:00:56 pm »

Version check never check folders other than "userpics" and "edit" !!!
how did you got that !?  :o

It shows up in the version check.  If I click on the ? next to the bold red highlighted text, it gives that description.  It also shows this related to index.php;
The file/folder "albums/index.php" has not been found on your server, although it is mandatory. Upload the file to your webserver (using your FTP client).

Below is a screen shot;
(http://www.grafphoto.com/noFTP.JPG)

AND by the way, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but also during the file check I get picmgmt.inc.php flagged since I updated that with Stramm's watermark version, which version check says is 1.4.5 instead of 1.4.8.  All other files check OK.

Mark
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:16:55 pm by mgraf »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 06:14:28 pm »

if you have it on version check then your batch add will never see it as those userpics and edit folder
- as you see version check recommand to put "no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder" file on that it means CPG think Images is system folder so it will never let you to use that for batch add!
- it's strange, do you have any mod or plugin installed?

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 06:18:19 pm »

See my revision above to my post about Stramm's watermark mod.  Other than that, I have a custom Paypal mod, then only theme changes.   Stramm's watermark mod did dump a lot of backup "original" jpegs before the watermark into my albums/images folders.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 06:21:26 pm »

okey find it , go to :
admin mode=>config=>Files and thumbnails advanced settings=>The directory for user files
the value should be "images/" you should change it to "userpics/"
also be careful about this:
(*) These settings mustn't be changed if you already have files in your database.

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 06:27:15 pm »

okey find it , go to :
admin mode=>config=>Files and thumbnails advanced settings=>The directory for user files
the value should be "images/" you should change it to "userpics/"
also be careful about this:
(*) These settings mustn't be changed if you already have files in your database.

OK, I changed it and the images folder now appears in Batch Add and the user pics folder does not.    This setting was carried over directly from my 1.3.2 - I never updated it during this upgrade.   I also left it alone because of that warning since I have files in my database.

What is the risk here?  It seems the older files in userpics still show up.   But that seems to have resolved the directory display issue, thanks.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 06:35:25 pm »

do you have any user ?
if you have users then each of them have a folder for their album inside "images" (with your old setting-images did not show with batch add) and when you change that setting , all that album folder will be lost cause the address of database changing to "userpics" but the real address is "images"
so if you have any users and they create any album after gallery upgrade you should move their album from "images" to "userpics" now

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 06:38:19 pm »

Only I am allowed to upload any images (which I always do using FTP to that images folder)  - I have many users, but none with images uploaded.

So this appears to have done it - thank  you so much for your help.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 06:44:46 pm »

okey just for sure, Check your "userpics" and tell me how many folder do you have on that
you said that you have this setting from 1.3.2 , if it's true then you shouldn't see images folder under cpg1.3.2 neither
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:50:25 pm by bmossavari »

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 07:23:51 pm »

Like I said, I didn't change that field during the upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4.8.  So the batch add was working in 1.3.2 from the albums/images folder.

Under userpics, I have many directories related to subject content, like birds, mammals, landscapes, etc.   This is left over from one of my original installs of coppermine back in version 1.1 or so.   It is basically only holding my older images there (still shown in the gallery), but not being actively used.    I have one folder 10001 that I think was from a HTTP upload I tried to do a long time ago.   There are also pictures within the userpics root itself.

Is there a way to move all of these pictures from userpics to images without losing file references or all the data I have associated with them?

Mark

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 07:31:07 pm »

It seems okey

mgraf

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 12:31:31 am »

Yep, all seems fine now - consider this issue solved!   :D  Thanks a bunch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.