Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IS THERE A WAY TO COMPRESS THE PICTURES TO A SMALLER IMAGE SIZE ON APPLE MACS?  (Read 2012 times)

sweetbajan

• Coppermine newbie

I HAVE TRIED TO ZIP THE FILE AND ALSO I HAVE TRIED IT ON PHOTOSHOP ... BUT THE QUALITY DOESNT COME OUT WELL WHEN I COMPRESS THE IMAGE. IS THERE A PROGRAM I SHOULD DOWNLOAD ON MY APPLE MAC?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

What file did you compress to accomplish what? JPEG already is a compressed image format (no lossless compression though). Post more details on what you want to accomplish and what you did so far. You probably won't need additional software for your client, but you need to understand how image processing works and what different image file types are for. Doesn't sound to me as if you were using a legal copy of Adobe Photoshop, as it's a pro app (judging from the price). Pros usually know such image file type basics.
As suggested in the other thread you started: don't write everything in uppercase, this is rude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.