Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ecards and notifications aren't working on my latest install  (Read 4179 times)

janoulle

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fading Whispers: The Chronicles

Hi people. I'm running version 1.4.8 of the gallery and my url is here: http://content.fadingwhispers.org/gallery/ I have created a test account with username (test) and password (tester) and I would greatly appreciate any help. No emails are being sent when I alter the configuration settings to include email activation of account. No notifications are being sent to my email address (I have the email option turned on for comment notification and new user registration). The ecards feature worked once as it once sent to a gmail address, but then, it displayed the raw html. I don't know if that is the norm. Now, the ecards don't even get sent. My admin email address is that of my domain i.e. @fadingwhispers.org and I have tried the config using SMTP settings (mail.fadingwhispers.org and tried mail.fadingwhispers.org:25) and without populating the SMTP section. Neither is working right now and I am stumped. Thanks for your time.

Jane
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:33:12 pm by Nibbler »
Jane Ullah
Webmistress
Fading Whispers

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Ecards and notifications aren't working on my latest install
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:23:24 am »

Did you enter the user and password fields in addition to the domain? Otherwise, you need to ask your webhost what are the correct settings to use as it may vary from host to host.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:58:04 am »

check your email junk box
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

janoulle

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fading Whispers: The Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 05:08:50 pm »

Thanks for your help guys. I contacted my hosts and I think they may have done something cos the notifications, ecards are now working. :)
Jane Ullah
Webmistress
Fading Whispers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.