Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: music files don't play after uploaded video files  (Read 5496 times)

Essie

• Coppermine novice
music files don't play after uploaded video files
« on: July 02, 2006, 10:44:00 am »

It's really strange.  ???  Before I had the videos, all my mp3s and wma work fine.  Not they won't play at all.  I tried Firefox and IE browsers and both do not work.  They both used to work.  Now they don't.  The wmv videos work though.

The only recent changes I did to CPG v1.4.8 are enable plugin for Watermarks, downloads, and MiniCMS, and I edited skin/theme.php file to Embedded Window Media Player as per http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29169.0.  That's when I found out the music files no longer play.  So I uninstalled all the plugins and even revert the theme.php file to the original and still don't work.  Ironically, the video still works.  So I know it's not the plugins or the theme.php code changes.  I am really stuck here.  I checked this topic thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=12084.0 and I know it's not the encoder I am having problem with.

Currently, for plugins, I only use SEO friendly and Watermarks.  If anyone wants to review the codes on my theme.php file, let me know.  Thanks.

Essie
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:59:54 am by Essie »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: music files don't play after uploaded video files
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:08:46 am »

Disable the SEF_URL plugin and try again.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 05:43:23 pm »

No...  It's not the SER_URL plugin.  I tried it.  Same problem.  Basically, the play button won't play music even thought the buffer status bar reads it's ready.

Here are the codes in my theme.php code.  I think the codes is what's causing the problem but I don't know php enough to correct it.

Code: [Select]
// rm'd to enable visible buffering, added extras in mime for WMP  'clsid' => 'classid="" ',
$players['WMP'] = array('id' => 'MediaPlayer',

'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" ',
'codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" ',
'mime' => 'type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" name="mediaplayer1" showstatusbar="1" EnableContextMenu="false" '
   );
//end

$players['RMP'] = array('id' => 'RealPlayer',
                                'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:CFCDAA03-8BE4-11cf-B84B-0020AFBBCCFA" ',
                                'codebase' => '',
                                'mime' => 'type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" '
                               );
        $players['QT']  = array('id' => 'QuickTime',
                                'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" ',
                                'codebase' => 'codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" ',
                                'mime' => 'type="video/x-quicktime" '
                               );
        $players['SWF'] = array('id' => 'SWFlash',
                                'clsid' => ' classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" ',
                                'codebase' => 'codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" ',
                                'mime' => 'type="application/x-shockwave-flash" '
                               );
        $players['UNK'] = array('id' => 'DefaultPlayer',
                                'clsid' => '',
                                'codebase' => '',
                                'mime' => ''
                               );

if (isset($_COOKIE[$CONFIG['cookie_name'].'_'.$mime_content['extension'].'player'])) {
            $user_player = $_COOKIE[$CONFIG['cookie_name'].'_'.$mime_content['extension'].'player'];
        } else {
            $user_player = $mime_content['player'];
        }

// There isn't a player selected or user wants client-side control
        if (!$user_player) {
            $user_player = 'UNK';
        }

$player = $players[$user_player];

//Embedd Window Media Player

$pic_html  = '<object id="'.$player['id'].'" '.$player['classid'].$player['codebase'].$player['mime'].$image_size['whole'].'>';
        $pic_html .= "<param name=\"autostart\" value=\"$autostart\" /><param name=\"enablecontextmenu\" value=\"false\" /><param name=\"showcontrols\" value=\"true\" /><param name=\"ShowStatusBar\" value=\"True\" /><param name=\"src\" value=\"". $picture_url . "\" />";
        $pic_html .= '<embed '.$image_size['whole'].' src="'. $picture_url . '" autostart="'.$autostart.'" '.$player['mime'].'></embed>';
        $pic_html .= "</object><br />\n";
//End       
    }

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 01:29:31 am »

I spent the entire afternoon reinstalling the entire coppermine v1.4.8.
This time I chose to not install plugins.
And then I manually insert the sql from my previous albums.

After all these work, I realized that the music files still do not work at all. 
The play button link will turn on but when you click on it, the button will not play the music at all.

This is definitely a bug within the software.  It has nothing to do with the plugins. 
I tried with several different skin themes and still the same problem.
So plugins and skin themes have nothing to do with it.

I wish this bug gets fixed.  Or if anyone out there has the same problem, please notify the admin
for bug fix.

Essie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:02:27 am »

This doesn't prove that there is a bug in Coppermine, as I'm not able to replicate. Using my test gallery I uploaded a small, known-good mp3-file. When accessing it, everything works as expected - the mp3 file plays when the corresponding page is being displayed. Let's make sure that that the mp3 file is OK: try a known-good one.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 06:14:33 pm »

Using my test gallery I uploaded a small, known-good mp3-file. Let's make sure that that the mp3 file is OK: try a known-good one.

Hi GauGau,
Can you send me that small, known good mp3 file of yours so that I could test it at my Coppermine gallery?  All of my mp3 files are over 5,000kb.  Also, if you have a small known good wma file too that would be great.  As I keep mentioning over and over again, it's the music files only that do not work.  The videos are fine.  So I am as baffled as you are as to why this happened.  And I can only think it is the software bug because before I upgraded it, I was using v1.4.4 and all the music files (mp3s and wmas) worked fine.  Now it won't.  The play button is dead.  If you can send me your good mp3 and wma and let me upload them on my site, then I can know for sure whether it really has to do with my music file encoding or not.  Thanks.

Essie

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 06:54:27 pm »

I don't have this issue with my test gallery , too
ask your host about streeming
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:59:15 pm »

hi bmossavari
can you please be a bit more specific so that i can tell my web host provider correctly?
so i just ask him about "streeming" ???  what's that?

essie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 12:41:41 am »

I don't think that "streaming" is an issue. Actually, mp3 playback does not equal streaming (this is actually another technology), so imo bmossavari's suggestion doesn't apply in your case (sorry ;)). However, you could ask your webhost if there are any server-sided restrictions in place on your webserver that might keep you from what you're up to.
You can test-drive with the file http://osterburken.net/galerie/albums/misc/schnarchender-horry.mp3 (it's just the sound of someone snorking).
However, it seems that the mp3 file is not where Coppermine expects it - http://www.intuitive-soul.com/gallery/albums/buddha_music/BCSZ01_white_jambala.mp3 is not there and returns your custom 404 page. Check your folder structure (using your FTP app).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:08:02 am by GauGau »

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 01:06:37 am »

hey GauGau,

so i downloaded your mp3 and ftp to my site. the same exact problem.  so maybe it really has to do with the web host provider's server side restriction.  so i've sent off an email to him asking about it.  meanwhile if you can think of any specifics, please let me know.  thanks.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 03:31:50 am »

Gau Gau,
I am going nuts here.  I asked my web host provider to look into his web server.  He said when he goes to the music play button works for him and it plays music.  So he can figure why I am having a problem.

However, I have asked my friends to use IE and FireFox at their computers and they too have the same problem as mine. It does not start automatically for me and my friend when using AOL 9.0 SE, nor will it start when click on the "play" button ... Can't get it to play either way with Opera either...  For both browsers, the "Play" button appears, I can click on it, but it does nothing.

I want to verify if this is same problem that you notices when you go to my site.  Could you please check for me and let me know so I can convince my web host provider that it's something to do with his web server and not user's browser setting?  Also, if you can help my web host provider figure out what code within his web server may cause this weird malfunctioning would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:00:58 am by Essie »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 07:26:49 am »

However, it seems that the mp3 file is not where Coppermine expects it - http://www.intuitive-soul.com/gallery/albums/buddha_music/BCSZ01_white_jambala.mp3 is not there and returns your custom 404 page. Check your folder structure (using your FTP app).
Well, the player can't play a file it doesn't find. As suggested, the reference is wrong. You insist to leave sef_url plugin turned on (which I expect to be the culprit). As you don't do as I suggest, you can't expect help from me.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 05:52:45 pm »

Well, the player can't play a file it doesn't find. As suggested, the reference is wrong. You insist to leave sef_url plugin turned on (which I expect to be the culprit). As you don't do as I suggest, you can't expect help from me.

Sorry GauGau for not getting back to you on your last comment about the file.  Apparently, the file has always been there in my file manager.  That's why I did not make the comment. 

Anyway, thank you GauGau for reminding me about the sef_url and the /albums/ folder.  I suddenly realized it may have to do with the .htaccess.  And this time I successfully solve the mystery.  Apparently, I had recently inserted a htaccess file in the /albums/ directory which I had forgotten.  That is why when you keep telling me to remove the plugin it makes no difference.  The problem was inside the album .htaccess which I had created a prevent hotlinking codes and mp3 was listed which caused the problem.  Once I removed the mp3 and leave the jpg, everything is back to normal.

Problem solved.  :)  Thanks.
Essie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.