Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No activation emails are being sent after re-installation  (Read 3950 times)

macsimoin

I just performed a "re" installation (with backups of original xxxxxx.com/coppermine/ and a MySQl dump) of CPG 1.4.6 (with 1.4.7 hotfix) into the root directory of a new domain (just to separate it from my other site) and everything went as well as could be expected (surprising for me since I'm such a novice).

Anyway, I was testing everything to see if all is well but there seems to be a problem with new users getting activation emails. I get the notification that a new user has registered (at my admin email) and the new user shows up in the database, although there's obviously a big "NO" for 'user_active' in the cpg_users table. I've attempted to add a test user (using my own personal email) for over an hour now and I still get no activation email.

Did I miss something when re-installing CPG? I thought maybe SpamKiller was the culprit but it isn't. I'm stumped.  ???
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:57:36 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: No activation emails are being sent after re-installation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 01:19:32 am »

Are you using SMTP? If so did you update the details?

macsimoin

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 03:26:30 am »

No, I didn't use it on my previous installation and I'm not using it now.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:40:44 am »

When you try to register an account yourself. I hope you did, only that way you can say whether users get the emails or if just the link in the email is broken. Cause if you move your gallery from a subfolder to the root you have to adapt the path to your gallery in config. Then the link in the registration confirmation email works again.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_general_coppermine-url

macsimoin

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 12:21:27 pm »

Stramm,

I made the necessary changes after re-installing CPG into the root of the new domain; all the paths are correct, so what else could it be?

EDIT: Consider this solved. Apparently, if CPG is installed in the root rather than a subfolder it's necessary to use "index.php" as the URL of your home page in Config rather than just a forward slash ("/"), which is what I'd incorrectly set-up. Otherwise, the activation emails (to the user) will not work.

Thanks for helping out. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:37:58 pm by macsimoin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.