Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theming admin parts  (Read 3007 times)

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Theming admin parts
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:34:52 pm »

At the moment I'm having troubles fixing my theme Blix, since I can't find a way to theme amdin pages like groupmgr.php, usermgr.php or db_ecard.php. The problem is I use a fixed width theme, and the info in the tables displayed in those pages is to wide to display nicely in my theme.
So I was thinking of theming those pages too. The only things I can change with the files in my theme dir is the CSS file.
And I can't find a way to modify those pages except for modifying the pages named before, but for my own purpuse that's fine, but if I want to release the theme which I'm planning to do so it gives me some troubles.

Another thing I was thinking of te redesigning those pages is using DOM/JavaScript, but that's not a good/robust way in my opinion. So my question is are those pages planned to become themable? Or am I missing something and are those pages themable?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:55:32 pm by danuvius »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: Theming admin parts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:14:19 pm »

I have a narrow theme as well but the ecard and users tables resize nicely to fit. As for the groupmgr table, I wouldn't worry too much about it as it only shows for the admin and if you edit the groupmgr.php then all the other themes will be affected (same as for ecard.php and usermgr.php).  However, you can edit the layout by looking at what's between the "starttable" and "endtable" taqs in these files which are located near the end of the files.

I downloaded your theme (v0.2) from the contrib board but it gives me errors and won't load my gallery. I won't have time to work this out so maybe you can create a test account so that we can see your issues. Your gallery won't let me create an ecard.

Gizmo
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Re: Theming admin parts
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 01:19:33 pm »

I have a narrow theme as well but the ecard and users tables resize nicely to fit. As for the groupmgr table, I wouldn't worry too much about it as it only shows for the admin and if you edit the groupmgr.php then all the other themes will be affected (same as for ecard.php and usermgr.php).  However, you can edit the layout by looking at what's between the "starttable" and "endtable" taqs in these files which are located near the end of the files.
Hmm, I'l give it a closer look. I could resize using the font-size...... Getting lotts of idea's getting back to this later :)

I downloaded your theme (v0.2) from the contrib board but it gives me errors and won't load my gallery. I won't have time to work this out so maybe you can create a test account so that we can see your issues. Your gallery won't let me create an ecard.
True this is disabled for anonymous users, since it than can be used to send spam! But I'll create a test account after the weekend. Thnx for the help you are willing to put in! But what are the problems exactly when you use the theme? Fabrian succeeded with setting up a gallery with with my theme. I'm curious what went wrong (so it can be fixed)!

EDIT: Found a way to fix it. Starting to looking better and better at the moment. Some small thing and the CSS cleanup! Then I will with the issues on the bourd! :D It's looking better and better (in my opinion)!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 04:09:48 pm by danuvius »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.