Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing IPTC Info  (Read 2857 times)

Drew Fulton

• Coppermine newbie
Importing IPTC Info
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:16:51 am »

So I am just about finished integrating my gallery into my site design and I am loving it so far.

I have one idea that may already be implemented but I didn't find it either in a search on the forum or in the documentation.

I was wondering if when uploading a file, particularly while batch uploading, Coppermine could read the IPTC fields like Title, Description, and Keywords and automatically place it in the appropriate fields in the Image Description?  This would facilitate quickly uploading a lot of files and only require that they be placed in the correct album.

Thanks!

Drew

Drew Fulton

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Importing IPTC Info
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 03:52:33 pm »

So I looked through the MOD forum and found something that starts to do what I am interested in.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28718.0

My question, is can we use the IPTC Info when the image is uploaded either manually or through the batch (more concerned about batch).  That way if you have some images that you want to edit the description you will be fine and not lose that if you want to use the above MOD on other images in the album. 

Thanks!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 03:14:07 pm »

yes, you can... if you extract that IPTC read function from the zip you found in your link. Then you need to embed that into include/picmgmnt.inc.php (function add_picture). I'd say somewhere above     // Populate Array to pass to plugins, then to SQL

Drew Fulton

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 09:56:12 pm »

Alright, I have been trying to get this to work on my own for a couple days and I just can't figure it out.  Using CPG as is, the IPTC info is used perfectly if I am uploading files manually (not batch). I have tried implementing the code for this to allow ITPC info to be used for Batch Uploads but can't seem to get anythign to work. 

Any specific suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.