Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: database and imagemagick problems  (Read 7962 times)

pointykitty

• Coppermine newbie
database and imagemagick problems
« on: June 29, 2006, 04:13:40 pm »

Hi there, this is my first time trying to install coppermine, and i'm having some problems that i just can't get my head round. I attempted to install a similar programme a while ago with the same problematic results :/

Anyway, on the installation screen I keep getting this message:

mySQL could not locate a database called 'gallery' please check the value entered for this

BUT I do have a database named 'gallery' set up (see below) and I just don't understand what the problem is.

pointyki_gallery

Users in gallery
    pointyki_ (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
        Perl   $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:pointyki_gallery:localhost","pointyki_","<PASSWORD HERE>");
        PHP   $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "pointyki_", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
        mysql_select_db ("pointyki_gallery");

I'm also having trouble with ImageMagick. There doesn't seem to be any straightforward or simple directions for it. I downloaded it onto my computer (windows). Do I have to then upload it onto my server or what? It fails to recognise it's path if I link it from my computer. I really don't understand. Could someone please explain to me in layman's terms? Thanks!

Nibbler

Re: database and imagemagick problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 07:46:56 pm »

The database is called pointyki_gallery. IM should be installed by the server administrator. If you don't have it then use GD2, it is just as good. There is no reason to be starting a new gallery with such an outdated version of Coppermine. Download and install 1.4.8.

pointykitty

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 10:10:27 pm »

i just downloaded the one that was on the site so i assumed it was the most recent.
i tried changing the gallery name to "pointyki_gallery" several times before as well without success.
i don't know what i'm meant to do with the GD2 thing either, it's all gibberish to me.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:15:47 pm »

You posted in the 1.3 board so I assumed you were installing 1.3. What you have setup is

db name: pointyki_gallery
user: pointyki_
server: localhost

and the password you chose. If you need assistance with creating databases and users then you should ask your webhost. To use GD2 you should simply leave the imagemagick box blank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.