Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Copper Ad ! First advertisement plugin for coppermine  (Read 258203 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Copper Ad ! First advertisement plugin for coppermine
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2009, 12:45:01 pm »

Is there an echo in here?
You start by reading the thread you reply to: read the posting just above yours - it was a reply to exactly the same question you posted.

sotong

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2009, 11:18:33 am »

Hi

I already search through this forum but still can't solved my plugin installation problem..

When i click the "INSTALL" button it just show "Firefox can't find the server at pluginmgr.php."

Please help !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2009, 12:50:34 pm »

This is not specific to this particular plugin, but a generic plugin question (that is probably related to individual server setup issues). Start a thread of your own on the plugin support board (not on the plugin contributions board where you currently posted), doing exactly as suggested in the board rules thread (you agreed to respect board rules when signing up). The most important piece of information that you failed to post is a link to your gallery...

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2009, 02:25:49 am »

Hey this program looks awesome! I run a website with a password protected Coppermine. I have about 550 pics on my site.

I think this will come in handy because if the company I work for asks I'll just tell them the advertisements are part of using free software.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2009, 04:39:09 pm »

You think it's a clever idea to damage the reputation of free software that way and even telling us (developers of a free application) so? When lying to your employer you should make sure that he won't be able to find out.

karl_savage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2010, 11:12:52 am »

Hi,

Request you to please help,  I am newbie here and i am not developer as well.

I want to ask you that after uploading and installing zip cn u please tell me where its shows in admin or config bcoz i m not able to see anywhere?

thanks in advance

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »

Attatched the Brazilian Portuguese language.

I hope it hepls somebody.

Best Regards,

Vinicius Machado

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2010, 10:47:11 am »

@Vinicius Machado: thanks for the contribution.

@karl_savage: you don't have to be a developer to read and respect board rules. As per readme that comes with this plugin there will be another button in your admin menu after installing this plugin that will let you configure the plugin.

platinum421

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2010, 02:24:53 pm »

Hello: I am Indeed having problems with my copper ad program.. I guess a few days ago, the Advertisements just disappeared!!! So I went in to check the plug-in and Low and behold!! it was not even up on my installed plug-ins.... WOW!! It just disappeared... Okay, so I went to the file manager and it is still on my file manager : Okay so I deleted it from file manager and uploaded the  Zip file again to unpack it... Low and behold... it would not unpack fully... so Now I'm left with nothing... Back to Block 1( I don't know what else to do) Its Ghost!! If I could get a little explaination to what might have happened.... I never Unstalled it. But when I change the filename to cooper_ad1 it pops up as new plugin, but will not install... Why? What can I do.. Never had a problem with the program til Now.... It has been up for over a year now.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2010, 03:32:15 pm »

Post a link to your Coppermine - it is a Forum Rule when asking for help.

platinum421

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2010, 09:13:32 pm »

Here is the link to my Gallery http://twurl.nl/4i6fcs  8)

Issue: Plugin has vanished!!! No sight no sign of it ever working... But it worked fine up until a couple days ago.

Do you need some type of debug code... >?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2010, 09:49:57 pm »

Your actual link is - http://www.platinum421wheels.com/Copper43/

You are also 6 versions behind ( Coppermine version: 1.4.20, current version is 1.4.26 ) so please upgrade.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_why

On one final note, even though the nudity on your site is very mild some employers do take a dim view of it so please mark your links "Not Suitable For Work" as per the board rules.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2010, 08:02:07 am »

Okay so I deleted it from file manager and uploaded the  Zip file again to unpack it... Low and behold... it would not unpack fully...
Well, then don't use that method, as it can cause issues on some server setups. If you have issues uploading the zip package, unzip on your client and then upload then unzipped package using your favorite FTP app, as suggested in the docs:
4.14.3.1 Uploading a plugin
Unless you're going to code your own plugins, they usually come packaged up already, compressed into a zip file. There are two options how to upload a plugin:

Method 1: Using the upload interface on coppermine's plugin manager page
  • Download the plugin you need from the internet (usually the coppermine page) to your local hard drive
  • Click the "browse" button on the plugin manager page
  • Navigate to the plugin zip file you just have downloaded to your local PC's hard drive
  • Click "upload"
This is the more elegant and easier method - you just use the upload control on the plugin manager page and the zip file you uploaded gets extracted from the archive and stored on the server within the proper folder. There are two pre-requisites though:
  • PHP running on your webserver needs zip support - not all webserver have zip support enabled.
  • the script needs write permissions within the plugins folder.
If you fail to fullfil those two pre-requisites, this simple method (upload interface) won't work for you (i.e. you will get error messages when trying, or the plugin will even simply fail to work without an error message at all). If this is the case for you, it's recommended not to mess with server setup (unless you're an expert and the server is yours to administer), but just to use the second upload method described below.

Method 2: Uploading the unzipped plugin files using your FTP app
  • Download the plugin you need from the internet to your local hard drive (same step as above)
  • Unpack the zip file into a folder on your hard drive (preserving the folder structure of the plugin)
  • Use your FTP app to upload the unpacked plugin files into the plugin folder of your coppermine install on your server, preserving the structure of the zip archive. For example: if the plugin contained the folder "foobar", which held the actual plugin files, you upload the whole folder "foobar" and all of its contents into the plugins folder. The resulting folder structure on your server should be something like /your_coppermine_folder/plugins/foobar/
After uploading the files (you may need to refresh the plugin manager page), the plugin you just uploaded should show in the list "Plugins Not Installed". If it does, you can continue to the next step and install the plugin.

platinum421

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2010, 10:40:52 am »

I use c-panel which has just been upgaded to accellorated 2. I have been using it for a week.  But it unpacks the files, and I never had a problem, I have serveral other plugins that are not working, and have never worked.. But I will try to upgrade. My hosting company sends them in a email.

Finally, Thanks for the advise. I should restrict the swimwear section. I was looking for some type of over 18 plug-in or add-on but I have not seen any yet ... I'm on it...

**beware may not be suitable for work!!! 8)** http://www.platinum421wheels.com/Copper43

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2010, 11:53:52 am »

I use c-panel which has just been upgaded to accellorated 2.
That goes not recommended nor supported. We couldn't care less what form of auto-installer you use. The only supported install/upgrade method is the one we suggest in our documentation. If you insist on using cpanel/fantastico or whatever super app you use, ask the people who provide that app for support, not us.

platinum421

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2010, 06:43:58 pm »

Okay,, everything is fixed.. I appreciate you help. It was the upgrade...
Well I do Care!!... Thats why I ask for help..

Thank You!!

vannarith

• Coppermine newbie
    • 3D Wallpaper Zone
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2010, 07:33:40 am »

Hi all coppermine!
i have tried to find the best way to upload plugin but i am a newbie that's why i dont knw the exact place to upload it. i see that we have to browse and upload it by pluginmgr.php but i dont knw where to reach that place. Pls any tell me about it!
Best of luck

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2010, 08:00:51 am »

You already have an open thread. Stop double-posting/cross-posting. Final warning.

dogfriendly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2010, 03:20:37 pm »

Hi,
I've just installed this, but now when I click on anything I get the following:
Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

Link:http://gallery.dogfriendlysuffolk.com/

Any help appreciated.

dogfriendly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

Additional info for my prob. This is from the error log:
[13-May-2010 06:47:50] PHP Warning:  fopen() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/dogfrien/public_html/c_gal2/install.php on line 565
[13-May-2010 06:47:50] PHP Warning:  fpassthru(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dogfrien/public_html/c_gal2/install.php on line 565
[13-May-2010 06:47:51] PHP Warning:  fopen() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/dogfrien/public_html/c_gal2/install.php on line 570
[13-May-2010 06:47:51] PHP Warning:  fpassthru(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dogfrien/public_html/c_gal2/install.php on line 570
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.