Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: insert back button  (Read 3704 times)

axtolf

• Coppermine newbie
insert back button
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:29:57 pm »

Hi,

the title is not exactly what I need, but I cant' find a short title to describe it...

I removed some menu' items from the gallery to integrate it in my site. I needed to link a single gallery from internal pages and not the entire coppermine. I removed all the menu' items to avoid a user comming form an internal page to navigate all the gallery.
Now I need to include in all pages of coppermine a back button/item to allow a user navigating the gallery to return to the point of origin. For example, a user navigate my site and arrive to "page 1". In page 1 he found the link to the "gallery A". Well in gallery A (and in all the other gallery) I need something to click to return to page 1.
I tested different solution, the best that fit my need is to use echo $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; that prints out the origin.
My problem is where to put this command to make it visibile in gallery. I tryed different places, but all the times I cant see it, gallery seems to ignore it.
Someone had the same problem, or have some ideas?
Thank you very much

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: insert back button
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 03:55:48 pm »

axtolf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 04:07:17 pm »

Well this solution could be ok if I only want to insert a Back button with something like:
javascript:history.go(-1)
But in my case, if I use $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] in a header, it will not work because $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] will be always the same url, infact is not the header file that change, but the gallery page. I need a place to insert it in coppermine pages.
I tryed to insert it as php code in theme.php. I inserted it as a new thing and not as part of menu', but I always see nothing, the command does not work. And the command is very simple:

echo $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

but in coppermine I got nothins as result...

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 04:19:36 pm »

I mean coppermine's custom header functiunality.
create some php file with the content you need. Open coppemine config and tell it you want to include that file as 'header'
Open the link, read above and below too
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.