Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with folder permissions  (Read 3965 times)

BlinkyBill01

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with folder permissions
« on: June 24, 2006, 10:02:41 pm »

Ok, I know that the album folders can not be uploaded into due to permissions created by Coppermine.
My problem:

On my old server I had a version of coppermine running. I'm switching domains and servers. I'm trying to carrry the folders over so I can re-add them via Batch Add, only problem is that the folder or files can not be renamed  due to a 505 Error. There are no .htacccess files in thos folders and I have no idea what to do to be able to get rid of the 505 "file not found" error.

I have no been able to search the forums because my DSL keeps disconnecting every few minutes.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? I emailed my server support and they are stumped. I have over 2 years of files that I need to bring over to the new coppermine, or at least save, but with the 505 error I have no idea what to do.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Problem with folder permissions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 10:45:37 pm »

why do you want to rename your file and folder !?

you don't need batch add files if you are going to have same gallery as the old one ,on a new server

you need to move your gallery over new server and then upgrade it :
1.create backup from all files and folder of gallery
 - if you have control panel for your server then it could be a backup tool out there
 - if you don't have a online backup tool on your control panel then simple use a FTP client and download your gallery to your local computer
2.create backup from coppermine database
 - first check your include/config.inc.php for your database name
 - if you have a online mysql admin tool on your control panel use that to create a backup of your database
 - if you don't have , then download PhpMyAdmin and install it to create a backup of your db
3.restore all files and folder to new server
4.restore your db to new server
 - after restore make sure you have user (same as a /include/config.inc.php) with full privileges
5.Upgrade your gallery to most recent version 1.4.8
 - follow upgrade instruction
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

BlinkyBill01

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:14:50 am »

I appreciate the help with your suggestion, but my old server decided to shut down service. They took my albums folder out of the coppermin gallery and put them in another folder so I could have time to grab them. I was going to initiate a site to site transfer of the folder, but I get the 505 Error saying that the file does not exist. Which the file does, because I can preview it in the browser.

I see the files and folders in FTP, but they can not be changed in any way and I can not initiate a site to site because the permissions that coppermine originally wrote on those folders are not allowed to be changed, and the host has no where to look to turn off the permissions.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 02:19:35 am »

Why are you not going through your local computer?  If you can see the files & folders in FTP, transfer them to your local computer, just as if you were doing a backup, which you basically are.  Then upload them to the new server.  If your DSL connection won't let you do this, find a friend with a high-speed connection or a work account.

I assume you are doing the site-to-site by FXP?  I have noticed some servers just don't like FXP - I'm not sure why, but that's when I go through my local computer.

It's a good idea to have a backup of your files locally in any case.  Plus a backup of your database of course.

BlinkyBill01

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 05:32:09 am »

Ok, I've downloaded 4 gigs of files from the folders album... now the tricky part...

Batch adding the files back into the member folders

Is there a way to batch files from one folder so they show up in the member folders? Like a personal album?

This is getting more and more annoying/intricate as I go on :)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 10:33:32 pm »

I assume you don't have a database backup from the old version of Coppermine?  If you did, you could do an upgrade and the member photos would merely have to be put in the correct place (as before - if you remember that).

If you don't, you are doing a new Coppermine install and want to batch-add the files as essentially new files.  As far as I know, Coppermine does not allow admins to add files to other member's galleries - there are some threads discussing this.  There might be a mod to allow you to do so, but I don't know for sure.

Depending upon the number of members, you could sign up each member (while the gallery is offline), login as that member, then batch-add the photos to get each member up to speed.  If you have a lot and merely want to set up the folders and trigger a mass import, you might check the "Mass Import" plugin.  However it would have to be modified to allow adding photos to member galleries.  Right now, it ignores member galleries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.