Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload Bug  (Read 2683 times)

kdm

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload Bug
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:43:20 pm »

Batch upload function does not parse '.' in directory names.  In debug I got the following error:

Warning line 224: opendir(albums/batch/legosummer2k/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory

that's when I realized that my dir name was lego.summer.2k

Easiest solution was to remove the '.' from the directory name and it began reading properly :) Hope this helps some people.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:58:15 pm by kegobeer »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Batch Upload Bug
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 06:57:53 pm »

File and directory names should not have any special or reserved characters in them.  You are not supposed to use a dot (.) in the file/directory name.  This is not a bug.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kdm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 07:26:01 pm »

Whether or not it's a bug, some people may have the same issue :) 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:01:41 pm »

People having the similar issue should read the docs first (important bit highlighted):
4.11.1 Uploading pics by FTP / Batch-Add Pictures

It is recommended that the coppermine admin use ftp to upload multiple pics/files at a time. Use your ftp software to create sub-folders within your_coppermine_directory/albums/, where your ftp uploads can be saved. Though not mandatory, it's always a good idea to have a folder structure within the albums folder that reflects or mirrors your coppermine categories and albums.

Important: do not create folders or ftp upload to the userpics- nor to the edit-folder by ftp: these folders are used by coppermine internally and must not be used for any other purpose! Folder names must not contain dots. We also highly recommend refraining from the use of any other special characters - use only a-z, numbers and - (dashes) or _ (underscores) to fill blank spaces. Make sure to upload in binary or auto-mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.