Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No admin sys menu or register sys menu  (Read 8298 times)

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
No admin sys menu or register sys menu
« on: June 22, 2006, 05:33:26 pm »

Here we go. I will try to explain. I have read all the solved post regarding admin login problems ( I beleive ). The problem I'm having is that I can not login and recieve the admin sys menu ( config,upload file,logout ( username) etc. ). Please find below a test username and password.

http://www.fovsports.com/coppermine/index.php
username: help
password: letmein

I have cleared my cookies. ( both firefox version 1.5  and safari 2.03 ). no luck in fixing issue.
I have looked and found some blank spaces on a couple php files. no luck in fixing issue.
I have no security apps running. no luck in fixing issue.

Thank you to all
including Nibbler,Paver,TranzNDance and GauGau who I know can solve this.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 07:03:17 am by TranzNDance »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: No admin sys menu or register sys menu
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 08:15:54 pm »

check if you're using a valid cookie name (in config) only letters, numbers, underscore

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:18:26 pm »

While I was waiting for a reply to this post, I have been looking around and clearing cookies and viewing cookies after logining in ( FIREFOX ) my cookie preferences show no signs of a login from my site. I hope this helps. I get a successful login with welcome (username) button and no admin menu. It seems to be a cookie thing even though I allow all cookies to be posted in my browser. Maybe changing my cookie names in the CPM php files may help. However if that might be a solution I need help locating them ( which file to edit and how to rename it alphnumeric or ? etc. )

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:22:03 pm »

check if you're using a valid cookie name (in config) only letters, numbers, underscore

hmm, sorry, forgot that you don't get the admin buttons
with a tool like phpmyadmin browse your mysql db and find coppermines config (the db prefix you've chosen + _config) table. Here you'll see the cookie name

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:24:46 pm »

Hey Stram thank you for your quick response ,,.. I have no access to that db because ot was installed by godaddy.com I pray there is another way.

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 08:29:03 pm »

sorry if I'am posting replies to fast . Iam just scared of the problem I have no idea what to do.

By the way I do have acces to all the CPM file via FTP.

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 08:34:31 pm »

In the file config.inc.php I found some info see blelow. Maybe it can give me access to the database. I just need help how to connect because I tried to punch in my server ip address with no luck.

$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'XX.X.XX.XXX';        // Your database server

$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'XXXXX';        // Your mysql username

$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'XXXXXXX';                // Your mysql password

$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'XXXXXX';        // Your mysql database name

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:06 pm »

it's in the mysql db... http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php is a database administration tool. If that's not already installed (or a similar prog) download and install it and do as I've suggested. FTP won't help you here.

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 08:40:01 pm »

Godaddy.com does have  phpMyAdmin however I can't access the database table through their control panel for some reason. I was thinking I could get in there from the info above and below right?

$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'XX.X.XX.XXX';        // Your database server

$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'XXXXX';        // Your mysql username

$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'XXXXXXX';                // Your mysql password

$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'XXXXXX';        // Your mysql database name

where xxxx= an actual name / password  ip address in the file it shows me them. To clarify I do have the searver ip and passwords.

the database is stored on the above ip address but have no idea how to access. Sorry .

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 08:54:13 pm »

I have download phpMyAdmin and from the looks of it after reading the install info, I need to install on webserver where the database of CPM is being stored Right? Well I have no access to that server because of godaddy.com install right? uuMM not sure what to do now.

terrymc1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 10:52:57 pm »

Interesting, when I tried to blogin to your site using the username and password you provided in your first post it also did not appear that I was logged in. When I brought up your login box again the following was display at the top of the box -->  Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies.

I'm using IE6 with the security setting set to medium (the default setting I believe.)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 04:05:30 am »

I think others have posted not being able to access their coppermine database if they used Godaddy's value added thingy. You would need to bug Godaddy. It's their issue if they're not going to let you access to the database to the software that is supposed to add value to your site...

On the otherhand, maybe a workaround was posted, so you'll need to search to find out.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 04:23:24 am »

fovsports: As others have said in this thread, your site is not setting a cookie on my browser as well, and I know I have the correct browser settings to accept a cookie.  That's why Stramm asked you to check your cookie name.

What I don't understand is how you set up the test user account.  Is that an existing account from before?  Have you been using the site for a while and it just crapped out?

I have attached a file which will show you your cookie name and path.  Remove the .txt at the end (so its name is "showcookie.php") and upload it to your gallery.  Then go here: http://www.fovsports.com/coppermine/showcookie.php.  Post the results here, and we can figure out if this is the problem.

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 04:38:44 am »

First off Thank you to all who have jumped in to help, cool program and cool people. Please find below the results of pavers showcookie.php. Yes paver that account that I set up was from earlier, not a test account. I was using the site for about a week then it stoping baking my cookies.I probably should mention that I installed the plugin which allows linking codes for myspace ( TAGBlitz or something like that ).

Array
(

• => Array

(

• => cookie_name
[name] => cookie_name
            [1] => cpg143
            [value] => cpg143
        )

[1] => Array
        (

• => cookie_path
[name] => cookie_path
            [1] => /
            [value] => /
        )

)

in the mean time I have installed myself (the correct way not thru godaddy) CPM current version in another directory on the site, seems to be working for now. I still would like to know what caused this issue with cookies if that is the problem. Just in case this issue comes up again and to help others with this cookies thing.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 05:17:48 am »

Those cookie settings look fine.  Do you have any other plugins or mods to the core scripts?  Did you install the TagBlitz plugin around the time this cookie problem started up?

You can upgrade your installation without logging in actually.  Follow the upgrade instructions in the documentation (linked above). Oh, I forgot out the "godaddy" factor.  Doing a proper installation yourself is the best thing. 

If you want to clear your plugins out to see if that's the issue, you can use the attached file.  Rename it to some random name that no one else will easily guess (like "ahwde.php").  And delete it once you are done with it.  It will clear out your plugins table.

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 05:29:03 am »

Wow you are smart. You did it . Its all  back. That is such good news. The bad news is that TAGBLITZ was the problem right? I like the abilty to have the linking codes for my viewers. Is there something that is like TAGBLITZ that works. OOOHH yea I remember stramm or somebody else had something similar right? I would really like that plugin. THank you all .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 07:59:45 am »

Summary for others who are browsing this thread, searching for help on similar issues: don't use godaddy's pre-installed coppermine version, nor any other pre-installed crap like cpanel/fantastico. Instead: install coppermine as suggested in the docs that come with it. It's the only genuine method we can recommend. Everything else will lead to issues sooner or later. Period.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 01:41:15 pm »

@fovsports: Please post on the thread for the "TagBlitz" plugin to report this apparent bug (you can merely post a link to this thread).  I haven't looked at the plugin code yet, but I'm skeptical that a link-code plugin would give this cookie issue - that's weird.  I don't know if maybe having *any* plugin caused this problem, but if this were true, I would think we would have had more reports of such a thing; lots of people are using plugins with no problems.

In any case, the bug report for TagBlitz is useful to the contributor, even if you decide to use something else.

fovsports

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 03:22:56 am »

Here is the link to to the thread  TAGBLITZ plugin.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=31833.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.