Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme "Blix" for cpg1.4.8  (Read 43256 times)

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Re: Theme "Blix" for cpg1.4.8
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »

Sorry for the later reply than planned :S. But I'm working on a new version right now! 0.4 shouldn't away long (prob. tonight!). For progress see http://fotos.vd-sanden.nl! Things are looking better and better now!

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 03:35:35 am »

Thanks for the contiued work!

I just installed ver. 0.4.  The FAQ and logout links appear below the navigation row when you hover below HOME (*Edit - this is only when logged in as Admin, so no biggie).  I guess because the search bar is there.  Also, intermediate images (for me) are still off as far as aspect ratio.

Thanks

**Edit - your site has the "film strip" displayed in the film strip, are you going to include it?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 06:47:31 am by Fabrian »

Yetio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 06:58:42 pm »

I have installed version 0.4 of Blix.... pretty cool, I like it. I have made some changes to the color to match my WEB site colors and now, it looks great.. have a look: (http://www.fleursjoelmarcfrappier.ca/photos/index.php)

Two minors issues...
1) I can't get the film strip to appear
2) I can't get the number of files and pages at the bottom of the Thumbnails page. See here (http://www.fleursjoelmarcfrappier.ca/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1) I switched to the classic theme, and it works fine!

Nice job, keep going.

Ryfly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 12:18:21 am »

I have installed version 0.4 of Blix.... pretty cool, I like it. I have made some changes to the color to match my WEB site colors and now, it looks great.. have a look: (http://www.fleursjoelmarcfrappier.ca/photos/index.php)

Two minors issues...
1) I can't get the film strip to appear
2) I can't get the number of files and pages at the bottom of the Thumbnails page. See here (http://www.fleursjoelmarcfrappier.ca/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1) I switched to the classic theme, and it works fine!

Nice job, keep going.

I can't get the page numbers to appear ethier...... Frustrating since it's a neat theme. Please fix it as soon as possible..

Ryfly

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 02:51:38 am »

I want thru the code and found some interesting stuff, can't get it to work though, might of found the problem.

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 11:09:58 am »

I can't get the page numbers to appear ethier...... Frustrating since it's a neat theme. Please fix it as soon as possible..

For a solution to this problem see the note in the opening post. It is due to a bug in coppermine. Will be fixed in the next Coppermine release. see the link in the quote for a solution!
NOTE: Because of a small bug in coppermine the theme will function fully from coppermine 1.4.9. To lett it work on previous versions see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33030 for details to manually fix your current version.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:29:34 pm by danuvius »

Fabrian

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 03:11:45 am »

I've looked at other who are using this theme and they don't have any image problems with the intermediate size like I do.  Although I don't have an issue with any other theme (the way the intermediate photos look), does anyone know why I do with blix?  btw, I resize all of my photos to 1024x768 before I upload..

John

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 07:21:14 am »

I've looked at other who are using this theme and they don't have any image problems with the intermediate size like I do.  Although I don't have an issue with any other theme (the way the intermediate photos look), does anyone know why I do with blix?  btw, I resize all of my photos to 1024x768 before I upload..

intermediate images are a bit of a problem for me too. Nice looking theme though, definately one of the best i have seen

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 07:29:41 am »

I do not know the theme but I once looked into it a lil bit. There's one new function that html resizes intermediate images if you set its dimensions to big in config and the image size would destroy the site layout (cause of the menu on the right side). Then the intermediate image looks low quality.
Either remove that function -> intermediate view will look distorted
or check out the max image size, do the changes in config and recreate intermediate images in the admin  tools

Fabrian

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 02:13:28 pm »

I thought it had to be an error on my part, but it *only* with this theme, no other.

So Shoot Me!

• Coppermine newbie
Blix modification - missing br tags?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 01:28:05 am »

I'm trying to modify the blix theme. 

Apparently the theme has a couple of issues, one of which I've been trying to figure out for three days now.  (I'm not very PHP knowledgable, but I'm learning.  I have coded perl long ago and I'm seeing similarities.  Hope that's not misleading me.) 

Anyway, I've set up a gallery at www.soshootme.com/gallery.  Under the Random Files and Last Additions, when the pic info prints out, it doesn't have the HTML code to separate each item onto it's own line.  That is, the name, stats, and description are running together on one line.  For the life of me, I can't locate the spot where this information is printing out so that I can add in some br tags. 

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks in advance. 

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 03:54:28 am »

@SoShootMe: I haven't followed the development of this theme or looked at it carefully, but I can answer your question.  The CSS classes "thumb_title" and "thumb_caption" are not present in the imported CSS files for this theme.  No <BR>s are used so that the presentation of the thumbnail title and caption is all done using style properties.  Looking at the classic theme, you'll see that these two classes use "display: block" to render the separate elements on separate lines.

So... add the following to bottom of the file themes/blix/style.css:
Code: [Select]
.thumb_title {
    display: block;
}

.thumb_caption {
}

If you want to style the title differently than the caption, you can add whatever you like.  For example, the classic theme styles "thumb_title" to be bold.

I'm sure all the classes Coppermine uses will eventually be included in this theme.   :)

John

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 07:35:00 pm »

So... add the following to bottom of the file themes/blix/style.css:
.thumb_title {
}

.thumb_caption {
}

yes thats much better. I havent applied this to my theme, because i edited the files by hand

a thing i did correct:

see here http://www.ynow.hostweb.com.au/cpg/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=4&pos=-66

I got the title and description how i want. This was done by modifying template_display_media in theme.php:

$template_display_media = <<<EOT
    <div align="center"><br /><br />{IMAGE}
    {ADMIN_MENU}
<!-- BEGIN img_desc -->
<!-- BEGIN title -->
    <br /><b>{TITLE}</b>
<!-- END title -->
<!-- BEGIN caption -->
    <br /><br />{CAPTION}
<!-- END caption -->
<!-- END img_desc -->
</div>
EOT;

around line 313 of theme.php in your blix folder, there you paste the above  code over the whole template_display_media block.

This isnt the nicest way of doing things, but at least it looks better now and when the theme gets updated by the author perhaps it can be removed
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 06:47:40 pm by John »

John

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 07:47:26 pm »

here, if you wanna just use my theme.php you can (but use at own risk, make a backup).

it has a few other fixes in it other than the 1 i listed above, it might not be any good for you but it may be.

all ive done is hack in a few ways of making it display some of this theme a bit better,

for anyone who wants to make the filmstrip work, do this.... go into layout.css, and find

/* Content Image
--------------------------------------------------*/

the first 2 styles under this line, replace with this..... :

#content .filmstrip {
  width:440px;
  padding:10px 0 0 0;
  float:left;
}

#content .filmborder {
    background-image: url(images/tile.gif);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    width:455px;
}

the problem? it didnt like the ' around the image path, and you need to add at least 10px of padding to the top of the strip to make it display nice, was set to 0. Works in Firefox and ie7...dont know of any problems with other browsers
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 06:55:21 pm by John »

chercka

• Coppermine newbie
intermediate image is pushed down - SOLVED see solution below
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 06:45:17 pm »

Hi,
I have slaved over this problem trying to find a solution.

It seems that my midsize images are pushed down when a description is added.
At least this is what I see happening, am not sure if the descriptions are what is causing it. The images without descriptions stay at the top as you can see in these two examples.
It happens in IE6 but not IE7 - I have not tested other browsers.

Image with description
http://www.billesborgskolen.dk/gallery/cpg1.4.9/cpg149/displayimage.php?album=22&pos=0

Image without description
http://www.billesborgskolen.dk/gallery/cpg1.4.9/cpg149/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=0

I am using the "Blix" template.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- simon
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 11:11:56 am by chercka »

Nibbler

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 08:55:42 pm »

I don't see what the problem is, perhaps it is IE specific.

John

Re: intermediate image is pushed down
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 06:17:51 am »

Hi,
I have slaved over this problem trying to find a solution.

It seems that my midsize images are pushed down when a description is added.
At least this is what I see happening, am not sure if the descriptions are what is causing it. The images without descriptions stay at the top as you can see in these two examples.
It happens in IE6 but not IE7 - I have not tested other browsers.

Image with description
http://www.billesborgskolen.dk/gallery/cpg1.4.9/cpg149/displayimage.php?album=22&pos=0

Image without description
http://www.billesborgskolen.dk/gallery/cpg1.4.9/cpg149/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=0

I am using the "Blix" template.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- simon

See the files ive attaced to this post they will show you the one where your picture is "pushed down" with description, and also from my blix theme, you will see mine are not pushed down in ie6. I can confirm for you that i tested your theme in netscape 6.2.3, opera 8.5, ie6 and ie7 .... ie 6 was the only one that does this problem, its probably a style error (or maybe your intermediate image is too big for ie6). I guess you have to hunt it down and either fix it or apply an ie6 specific conditional statement to it and make it do something else for ie6. sorry if im confusing thats the best i can explain it. I thought i'd look into this a bit for you as i too use blix theme
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:25:29 am by John »

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Re: intermediate image is pushed down
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 12:45:39 pm »

See the files ive attaced to this post they will show you the one where your picture is "pushed down" with description, and also from my blix theme, you will see mine are not pushed down in ie6. I can confirm for you that i tested your theme in netscape 6.2.3, opera 8.5, ie6 and ie7 .... ie 6 was the only one that does this problem, its probably a style error (or maybe your intermediate image is too big for ie6). I guess you have to hunt it down and either fix it or apply an ie6 specific conditional statement to it and make it do something else for ie6. sorry if im confusing thats the best i can explain it. I thought i'd look into this a bit for you as i too use blix theme
I found the problem, will correct this in the next version (will be in a month or so, busy with university). for people who want to fix it their selves in layout.css change
#content {
  padding-top:32px;
}
into:
#content {
  overflow:hidden;
  padding-top:32px;
}

chercka

• Coppermine newbie
Re: midsize images are pushed down
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 11:10:51 am »

The problem is fixed thanks to Danuvius. Thank you for such a simple and fast fix, and thank you for a great theme.
It is by far the best I have seen out there!

Thank you John for looking into it also, I really appreciate it.

linx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 01:18:46 pm »

Very nice! Good work. See my gallery at http://www.nacksparr.se/cpg148
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.