Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users donīt receive their passwords in the email registration  (Read 5372 times)

cream

• Coppermine newbie

Hello

Iīve been trying in out and I would like the users to received their passwords in the email registration (they only get the user name). By the way, Iīm the admin and I wonder how can I get also their e-mail addresses and passwords in the email I receive when somebody register. I only get also the user name, and their e-mail addresses are not shown anywhere for anybody, just for themselves.

Regards,
cream
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 03:17:18 pm by Paver »

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
Re: Users donīt receive their passwords in the email registration
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 03:15:44 am »

u cannot get peoples passwords

what version r u using
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Users don´t receive their passwords in the email registration
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 09:18:43 am »

- You can add their password to "notification email" by adding this
Code: [Select]
and password "{PASSWORD}"
to your lang file (by default english.php) on "$lang_register_activated_email" right after
You can now log in at <a href="{SITE_LINK}">{SITE_LINK}</a> using the username "{USER_NAME}"
after change your "$lang_register_activated_email" should be look like this :
$lang_register_activated_email = <<<EOT
Your account has been approved and activated.

You can now log in at <a href="{SITE_LINK}">{SITE_LINK}</a> using the username "{USER_NAME}" and password "{PASSWORD}"

Regards,

The management of {SITE_NAME}

EOT;

this will work if you enabled "Admin activation of registrations " under config=>user setting
if you don't want admin activation then let me know I'll send you another way to send them their password under "activation email"
- this is not a good idea to send you user's email & password , if you are "Administrator" then you have access to user's email by click on "Users" button (link) on admin mode , also you can change their passwords there by click on "e" button
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:23:58 am by bmossavari »
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 09:23:29 am »

Ignore Vargha, he's wrong. This is not related to your coppermine version. You'd have to hack Coppermine's core files to send the password along with the email. This used to be a part of the registration email design in the past. We removed this for security reasons - you shouldn't send emails that contain passwords around, so I suggest reviewing your idea. If you insist on it, you'd have to come up with a code modification of your theme.
The email address of users being hidden from others is intended, it's actually a feature. Your users would hate your if you allowed others to spy on their email addresses. This is related to the global spam problem. However, it's a different issue that should be handled in a different thread, as we have a "one question per thread" policy for valid reasons.

[Edit]
bmossavari beat me to answer first while I was still typing. I submit my posting anyway, even though his already should answer your question.

cream

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:30 pm »

Thank you so much. You convince me! ;)

Regards,
cream

gangavalli

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 11:43:05 pm »

I have the same request.
I have copied the code into the english language file but, its sending the encrypted one i think.
 Its too long. How can i send the original password that the user gave. My gallery is a private one and i have set it to admin activate registration requests.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.