Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: permissions for album access ?  (Read 2801 times)

tuffijana

• Coppermine newbie
permissions for album access ?
« on: June 21, 2006, 04:39:25 pm »

Hi everybody!

First of all I have to beg for pardon for my bad English, so it could be possible that the question I have is already postet somewhere. But maybe I have not the right vocabulary for a search here, to find the right topic for my problem. (Sorry Paver!  ;D)

So please be soft with me ;-)  ::)

My Husband has already installed the CPG on his site http://www.selfkantbahn-impressionen.de - it is about our community which rebuilds old steam-engines and trains.
However, he is not the only photographer and would like to give the other two the permission/access to upload their photos.

HE is the webmaster (admin or superuser). At this time the others are registered users, and have only the permission for the user galleries.

Now, what I would like to know is, when I create a new category and edit it, I am able to create thumbnails.
Only in the "User-Gallery" are no thumbnails available - so if there are e.g. 10 categories, there are so many thumbs on the desk. The "User-Gallery" is rare to be seen, then.

What must I do, that the U-Galleries act the same like the other ones? So that there is no optical difference between these types of categories/albums?

As someone else already says: call me stupid...

thank you for your help!

tuffijana

p.s.: It has taken three times to write this, because my husband always changes his explanation for his problem. Don't mind, if it is hard to understand, what I want to know, sorry!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: permissions for album access ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 05:09:25 pm »

Heh.  It's funny to be singled out in a post, but no matter.

Right now, it looks like none of your users have photos in their user galleries, so the "User Galleries" category is not visible on the main page.  Once a user adds a photo to his/her user gallery, the "User Galleries" category will show up on the main page.

By default, the "User Galleries" block merely shows a link to the category and nothing else.  I think this is what you mean by having no thumbnails.

It happens that I posted two snippets of code recently to modify this default function.  The first lists the users under the "User Galleries" link, with thumbnails.  It's a theme customization.  The second lists the albums of the users by using an anycontent.php block.  ("anycontent.php" is a separate file that is meant for user customizations.  Please read the documentation to learn more details.) 

See if one of these two do what you want.

Show users under "User Galleries" on index page:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32825.0

Show albums of users in "AnyContent.php" block:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32752.0

Oh, for the second one, you have to manually type in the users.  If you want an automatic adding of the users, let me know, and I'll post that code (or someone else is welcome to).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.