Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: userpics folder vs. albums sub-folders  (Read 4367 times)

salvemeum

• Coppermine newbie
userpics folder vs. albums sub-folders
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:33:40 pm »

I have a problem here... that is.. I dont know if it is a problem or not, since I dont know how the gallery works. Well.. last time I cheked, and to be honest, that is a while ago... maybe it was when I used 1.1.. not sure.. but then all the pics was uploaded into a folder called userpics under albums.. But now with this version, no pics goes into that folder.. but there is made alot of wpw_ catalogs, with 2 thumbs and one original in each catalog... dont need to say that with a couple of thousand pics, it get a lot of catalogs.. Not that this is a problem, but I dont know if it is ment to be this way, or if it is a bug.  Another problem, and this problem isnt the gallery's fault... in a way.. but using the xp publish wizard, or the upload function of the gallery, the webserver gets ownership of the files.. so if I want to delete som pics from the server, using a shell or ftp, I get premission denied, since the webserver owns the files... hm hm..  well...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 12:25:28 am »

Next time, only ask one question per thread, and don't hijack other's threads (your posting has originally been posted as a reply to a totally unrelated topic) :evil: .
The folder "userpics" within albums has been in coppermine since the very first version, and you never were meant to upload to it by ftp!

wpw_xxx folders are maybe generated by xp_publisher, can't answer this (as I don't use Windows XP). As xp publisher is a comparatively new feature, the folder is new as well - yes. Hard to tell details, as it hasn't been coded by us, but in Redmond. Ask them about it... :wink:

Your third remark on ownership: it's not the gallery's fault, that's true, but you simply aren't meant to fiddle over ftp with files once they're uploaded and inside the database. Instead, use the built-in controls of coppermine admin interface!
If you must play with them by ftp, you should do a CHOWN. If you can't, you're probably on safe_mode server. Take a look at the documentation on "silly_safe_mode"...

GauGau

salvemeum

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 12:59:55 am »

sorry about that :) I posted it there because I downloaded the video mod, and thought it was something in the mod that did the wpw_ folder thingy. I forgot to write that I was using the mod, since I already had posted a couple of times in the same thread about my experience with the modded cpg. I am usining 1.2.0 on another server, and also using xp_publish wizard there, but there all the pics are in the userpics folder, and there is no wpw_ folders att all, but looking at wpw.. it could me short for windows publishing wizard..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.