Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, Can't access admin mode  (Read 6063 times)

MI

• Coppermine novice
Help, Can't access admin mode
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:53:11 pm »

I can't get into my admin mode.  It says user does not exist  :o  I just got in there the other day and now I can't.  I even tried my other username and it lets me in my album but not the admin mode.  What can I do??

Thanks,

Michelle
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:37:45 am by TranzNDance »

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
Re: Help, Can't access admin mode
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 03:59:47 pm »

so you can actually login as admin, you just cant get into adminmode is that right? what version are you using
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/838/rangarang4xn.jpg)

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:08:51 pm »

I just got the upgrade to 1.4.6  a couple weeks ago.  I can log in on one of my id's but not the other one.  One comes up saying user doesn't exist.  The one I can log in on only takes me to user mode.  :-\

Vargha

• Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:10:55 pm »

make a backup and upgrade to 14.8
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Check Out My Gallery

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:12:32 pm »

I paid someone to do the upgrade to the 1.4.6  I have no clue how to do that  :'(

Vargha

• Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 04:15:44 pm »

hehe dont pay next time ;D
all you need to do is make a backup first
and then if u dont have anyhacks done
just download 1.4.8
and extract all the files and replace with the old files
Check Out My Gallery

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 05:22:12 pm »

just out of curiosity, is this the only way to fix this problem?  I am also wondering why it would just happen all of a sudden?  :-\

Vargha

• Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 05:24:45 pm »

well give it a try upgrade
and it happens when you mess around with the .php files or something
Check Out My Gallery

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 05:29:25 pm »

- You Must upgrade it's mandatory (your version has a security bug)!
- if your problem does exist on your upgrade cpg then you can simply edit your database and repair your lost user,but first Upgrade
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33:36 pm »

OK,  so I have done my backup.  Now how do I extract the files?  (SOrry for the lame questions, but I am very new to this stuff)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 12:46:00 am »

if you didn't  have any hack or mod then simply copy the new files and folder to your old one ,with ftp client copy all the files and folders (overwrite)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 01:35:11 am »

OK,  it's all upgraded and running.  But I still can not access my admin mode.  It is saying that user does not exist  :'(  Now what?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 02:36:38 am »

(1) Is your second user account (the one that works) supposed to be an admin account?  Or is it a non-admin account?  If it's supposed to be an admin account, please check "My Profile" when you are logged in and see if it says you are an "Administrator".  Report the results here.  If it's supposed to be a non-admin account, then the account is working properly, and there's nothing more to do with that account.

(2) If you have easy access to a database tool like phpMyAdmin, please check the table cpg_users ("cpg_" might be "cpg142_" or some other prefix).  Look at the first user account that you cannot log in with and see what "user_group" is listed.  It should be "1", which is the administrator group.  Please report your results.  You can easily install phpMyAdmin yourself if your webhost doesn't have it already installed.

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 02:40:34 am »

Yes my second user account shows that I am an admin.  When I click on show members it even shows me the other account that it is saying isn't there.

I don't have access to tool like phpMyAdmin ( I don't even know what it is  :-[  )

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 02:56:59 am »

Please provide a link to your site. 

And what exactly is the error message for the first account and where do you get it?  "User does not exist" is not an error message for the login page.  It is an error message for the "forgot password" page (and a few other pages), but you have to type in an email address there, not a username. 

phpMyAdmin is a handy tool for doing proper backups of your gallery.  You mentioned you did a backup before the upgrade to 1.4.8, but I don't think you did a proper backup since you didn't use a database tool.  A proper backup requires a backup of the files (which you did), but also a backup of the database which requires a tool like phpMyAdmin or MySQLdumper.

Your webhost probably has a "database utility" page which probably runs phpMyAdmin.  If not, you can download it from http://www.phpMyAdmin.net/, put it onto your web server, configure one file, then run it yourself.  You should do this at some point in the future to do a proper backup, and it would help here if something is messed up with your users database table.

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:42:58 am »

My site is: http://www.beyondpaper.net/gallery/index.php

When I try and log in it says :  *** Couldn't log in. Try again ***

and when I go to recover the password it says user does not exist

I signed in as the second username and see the original name in the memberlist (the one that I can't log into now)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 05:18:04 am »

Ok.  Looking at your site's memberlist (after registering), I only see one administrator, "scrap4".  Is this the account you cannot log into?  If so, the second account is not an administrator - maybe I misunderstood you, but I thought you said it was.  No matter.  The main thing is if "scrap4" is the account you cannot log into.

The attached file will show the email address and a few other details of the account 'scrap4'.  It will *not* show the password.  But if you don't want any one else reading this thread to see your email address, you can rename the file to another name only you know and use that name.

Rename the attached file to show_email.php or whatever name you want (with .php at the end).  Upload it to your Coppermine folder, then type in: http://www.beyondpaper.net/gallery/show_email.php or whatever name you picked.

Make sure the email address is what you expect.  If it is, try again to use "forgot password".  Also check the "user_active" and "user_group".  The former should be "YES" and the latter should be "1".

Paste the information here (except for your email address) if you have questions.

Oh, if you don't recognize the email address, do *not* use that address in "forgot password", because then that person will be able to grab your admin account.

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 06:04:58 am »

Ok  so I did this and there is no email address in there. 

Array
(

• => 1
[user_id] => 1
    [1] => 1
    [user_group] => 1
    [2] => YES
    [user_active] => YES
    [3] => scrap4
    [user_name] => scrap4
    [4] =>
    [user_email] =>
)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:16:12 am by MI »

MI

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 06:27:56 am »

Oh my gosh I found it  :o  I did have a phpMyadmin,  I found out after emailing my host.

Thank you so so so so much for your patience and all your help.  I really appreciate it ;)

Michelle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.