Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any way to reduce cpu load when loading index "Random thumbnails"  (Read 2842 times)

dke

Hi all,

Im running this on a not so good machine (p4 1500mhz with 512 rambus) but i figure its worth asking.

When people surf my page it takes a few seconds for it to load the index (mainly because it has to generate 8 random pictures from my fairly large database which has 110 000 pictures in it)

Im guessing that the cpu jumps to 100% might be normal, but its always worth asking if there might be a setting in http.conf / php.ini or even in coppermine that would reduce the load, and make it load quicker?

Anyone have any tips?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Sure, the random albums generate a huge strain on the script for large galleries. Just disable random meta album as suggested in the docs and FAQ

dke

ahh, thanks..

well i was hoping for a solution that wouldnt require me to turn of the random images, but i guess i have to since i have 110 000 pictures it gives the computer alot of load.

A simple question though, turning off "random images" is it enough to just remove the string "random,2" in the admin.php or should i find somewhere were i can turn it "off" like it says in the FAQ.

FROM FAQ: 'random': random pictures (leaving random pictures "on" for huge galleries with more than 10,000 pics might result in performance problems; switch random "off" in this case)

I guess "off" just means removing "random,2"? Cause now when i have it off and i use "lastup,4" for my main page (which shouldnt take to much load) it still takes a slight while to load the main page and the cpu goes to 100%, im having a feeling that it still tries to random images and then it checks the value in admin.php and it says 0 so it continues on without, or maybe its just my ol server not able to handle it :)

thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I guess "off" just means removing "random,2"?
Exactly
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.