Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme "Blix"  (Read 7762 times)

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
Theme "Blix"
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:52:57 am »

Has anyone, or can anyone make the Wordpress theme "Blix" for Copperime?  I'm sure I can eventually get it to work using the kubrick theme available for coppermine, but it would take me ages with a newborn at home.

Thanks

Fabrian

Re: Theme "Blix"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:37:44 am »

Maybe the creator of the Kubrick theme can be so kind as to take a look at it?

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 11:57:28 am »

Hi. I'm working on a Blix theme for coppermine at the moment. See for progress http://fotos.vd-sanden.nl

when it's finished I'll make sure I'll release it somewhere ;)

montoya701

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:01:19 pm »

best theme i seen yet, not space design, simple as should be a theme. Great

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:41:10 pm »

@danuvius, nice job!  ;D

As you already know, the intermediate photo overflows into the sidebar. This is because the intermediate photo and accompanying sections such as navigation, voting and comments needs a width of 600 pixels and there is only about 480px available in the theme. It would be easier to widen the mainblock of the page than to make the intermediate photo section fit the 480px block.

Cheers,

Gizmo

Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 02:46:26 pm »

@danuvius, nice job!  ;D

As you already know, the intermediate photo overflows into the sidebar. This is because the intermediate photo and accompanying sections such as navigation, voting and comments needs a width of 600 pixels and there is only about 480px available in the theme. It would be easier to widen the mainblock of the page than to make the intermediate photo section fit the 480px block.
True, that one of the major things I'm still thinking about on how to fix it. But first I need to fix some things in the admin section though, the settings view is really messed up at the moment!

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:58:57 pm »

I'm not sure where you put all the menus, but it looks like you have the SYS_MENU along the green menu bar below the header. I can see where that will cause a problem when you login. You can use the final_extract pluging to remove links you don't need there to make it fit (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25197.msg117022#msg117022).

Also, where is the ADMIN_MENU? If this menu is a problem, check out the Hardware theme as it has the ADMIN_MENU broken down into 2 lines. I use this method a lot on narrow themes but I guess it could go in the sidebar as well.

The only "surfing" issue is that it's been thought that menus should be on the left of the main page and that advertisements go on the right. But as long as you don't have any advertisements, I don't see an issue here.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 03:26:09 pm »

Also, where is the ADMIN_MENU? If this menu is a problem, check out the Hardware theme as it has the ADMIN_MENU broken down into 2 lines. I use this method a lot on narrow themes but I guess it could go in the sidebar as well.
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scintilla.utwente.nl%2F%7Edaans%2Fscreen.png&hash=555074a5583b57a5b36f8bc240e07bfd79fe6fa8)
This is the layout when logged in (in FireFox)!
The only "surfing" issue is that it's been thought that menus should be on the left of the main page and that advertisements go on the right. But as long as you don't have any advertisements, I don't see an issue here.
This can be easily fixed in the css file!

Is it possible to have theme specific options in the config part of the gallery??

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:30 pm »

Hey! That looks good! :D Most definitely you can change the layout of the Config views. Since you are using Firefox, are you using the Web Developer extension? If not, check it out on this post - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24056.msg123520#msg123520. It's a most valuable tool to have when doing this type of work. The <control - shift - y> is very cool as it shows you what css properties are controlling where the cursor is.

As for the right-hand menu, I only mentioned it as I had just finished reading an article on website development and the direction it's going. Seems like most people like the menu on the left but I really don't have any problems as long as it's consistent.

Good work!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:07:23 am by Gizmo »

Fabrian

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 04:10:48 am »

Danuvius, great job so far!  I'm glad someone is finally dedicating the time to do this...the blix theme for wordpress is one of the best IMO and considering there really aren't many options for intergrating Wordpress+Coppermine into a CMS, this would really be great  ;D

Please update when you're ready to release!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 04:54:27 am by Fabrian »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 09:35:32 am »

exellent job Danuvius
please give us a link to download when it's ready
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 01:32:34 pm »

And the display imagepage is also almost completed (chacnged rating and comment section)!
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scintilla.utwente.nl%2F%7Edaans%2Fscreen2.png&hash=3c18803eb2b235fb9ec8103dd4424c53df563198)

Also changed the frontpage a little (see http://fotos.vd-sanden.nl). Will probably release a first beta version tonight.

Things to be done:
  • Testing/bug tracking (Need some help with this)
  • Fix the problem with the image size
  • Still to much tables involved in the theme
  • Small differences between IE/Firefox need to be fixed
  • Probably some pages look like shit, but haven't had the time to check them thouroughly, for example I don't use user albums.
  • Not happy with the thumbnail view

So more news tonight!!

montoya701

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 02:46:08 pm »

i like it more without "right line shadow", i think you should use simple line without shadow, because complete look have 2d design, and collor of "bullets" at menu is to strong maybe you sholud use icons, if you want i could send you excellent commercial icons.

This is just a suggestion you already done great job.

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 02:58:40 pm »

i like it more without "right line shadow", i think you should use simple line without shadow, because complete look have 2d design, and collor of "bullets" at menu is to strong maybe you sholud use icons, if you want i could send you excellent commercial icons.
True, But my first goal is to make it look like the original Blix theme as designed for WordPress. After that I (which is after my holidays :D) I'll probably look into it to fine tune both the themes more to my likings (together with the WordPress theme).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 03:58:40 pm by danuvius »

Fabrian

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 04:38:02 pm »

Took a look around your test site and found a couple things..

1. Photo file info is way over to the right ( by thumbnail,file info,slideshow)
2. Do you have random and latest files disabled or do they just not show?
3. Minor, but your copperimine link at the bottom is incorrect.

check your PM.

danuvius

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 05:22:42 pm »

1. Photo file info is way over to the right ( by thumbnail,file info,slideshow)
2. Do you have random and latest files disabled or do they just not show?
3. Minor, but your copperimine link at the bottom is incorrect.
1. fixed!
2. They are disabled at my settings.
3. fixed!

Thanks for the feedback! See http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32987.0 for further developments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 16 queries.