Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CSS Issue, How To Rename.  (Read 3182 times)

rdavis

• Coppermine newbie
CSS Issue, How To Rename.
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:39 am »

Hello,

I have integrated your incredibly awesome gallery inside of my website, but am having some interfering CSS problems. I was wondering, where can I change the names for the default CSS styles that Coppermine is using. For example, the "statlink" CSS style for the breadcrumb menu, if I wanted to change it from "statlink" to "breadcrumb_menu" and then update my CSS accordingly in my custom template folder, how would I do this? Is there a safe way to do it so that when I upgrade I will not loose everything; as in all my styling. I have a feeling that it is something in the core Coppermine folders (like the theme.php file in the includes folder) is where I would have to make the change.

Please let me now what the best method of doing this is and how I can do it.

Thanks for any help!
Ryan

rdavis

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CSS Issue, How To Rename.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:40:22 am »

So does anyone know how to change the default css variables that coppermine uses to something else? I need to get my template displaying correectly and can't because of css conflicts.

Please, any help is greatly appricated.

Ryan

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 02:46:57 am »

The support board is not a hotline. Wait till someone reply.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 02:04:10 pm »

You shouldn't need to change anything in the core; just make the CSS selectors in the custom theme more specific.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 02:43:59 pm »

A theme folder contains all the styling and files needed to display CPG the way you want. When you upgrade, you DO NOT overwrite this folder which means you won't lose any styling. If you change a style in the css file but it doesn't seem to change anything when looking at your gallery, you probably haven't included the code in your theme.php file. If the code for an area you wish to change isn't in your theme.php file then it reads it from the core code which won't have your changes.

Basically it's easier to just change the css "property" instead of the "selector" so this way it will work as expected with little code changes. The other option is to rewrite the css selector but then you have to include all the changed code in your theme.php file which involves more work.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.