Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A brand new user group with specific permissions  (Read 6075 times)

vici

• Coppermine novice
A brand new user group with specific permissions
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:55:45 pm »

hello,
I would like to create a new user with specific permissions. I guess I can create it using either my coppermine gallery or myPHPadmin tool, but it's not really the thing I'm writing for. the problem is about its features:
- I would like my new user ONLY to be able to create new albums and upload onto the ones created both by me and by them WITHOUT deleting pics and albums which are created by me as an ADMIN.
- you may say: ok, let this user have their own gallery, but I don't want it to be separated from the whole gallery. I would like them to be able to add pics both to existing albums (created by me) and the albums created by them.
- what's more, I don't want them to create or edit categories.
thanks for your help

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
Re: A brand new user group with specific permissions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 03:41:36 am »

well i suggest you to do this
create an album and set the permission in properties so users can upload their pics in it
then go to groups permission and have this settings

for registered users

Public albums upload

Allowed    Yes
Approval        No

Personal gallery
Allowed     No
Approval    No

and for guests

Public albums upload
Allowed      No
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 05:05:17 am »

@vici: The only thing in what you want that you cannot do in Coppermine is to allow a user to create albums outside of his/her user gallery.  Everything else is possible with what Vargha said and with the config setting "Allow users to retain control over pics in public albums" under "User Settings".  Although I would instead create a new group with the settings Vargha said (to allow public albums upload) and not allow "Registered" which would include all registered users.

A more granular permissions system is being considered for future versions of Coppermine, but that requires a major overhaul of the permissions system.  You might check the Mods board for permissions mods like the "Moderators" one, and even the plugins board for ones like the "Delete Control" plugin.

vici

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:27:06 pm »

thank you =] anyway, I must think about it thoroughly because I don't want to lose over 10 000 pics by letting into the gallery some new users with almost the admin abilities

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:05:53 pm »

@vici: I don't understand what you mean.  The key point is that Coppermine currently doesn't allow non-admins to do much.  They cannot modify categories at all, and can only add albums to their own user galleries.  They can upload photos to albums you set, and control them, if you let them.  If you want them to control their photos, but not be able to delete them, you can use the plugin I linked.

By using a specific group, you can set these permissions for only those users you add to that group.  Everyone else (usually designated as "Registered"), you can set to no permissions.

vici

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 05:59:21 pm »

ok, now I know what you mean (I had written the previous post before I checked how these features for non-admin users look like)
erm...I know there's a rule saying 1 problem for 1 thread but can you tell me in which directory the delete control plugin should be placed in? is it the main one?

Vargha

• Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 06:01:11 pm »

all the plugings should be placed in the plugins directory  ???
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Check Out My Gallery
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

vici

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 06:19:32 pm »

all the plugings should be placed in the plugins directory  ???
erm...right ^^'''

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 10:27:58 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#plugin

As it says, you can also use the Browse button, then Upload on the Plugin Manager page.  The plugin manager will then unzip the plugin and put the plugin in the correct place for you.

vici

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 05:45:54 pm »

Paver, has anyone told you that you're the most helpful person on this board? thanks a million  :-*

Vargha

• Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 05:51:10 pm »

@vici sorry i didnt understand you in the first place, i apologize  :)
Check Out My Gallery

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 05:58:48 pm »

Yes he be come a Superman ;)
here is Karma ++ for his kindness
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.