Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a clean theme  (Read 3217 times)

milstone

• Coppermine newbie
a clean theme
« on: June 17, 2006, 08:25:19 pm »

I am looking for a simple, very clean theme for Coppermine - something like the Siriux theme for Gallery (sorry to mention a "competitor" but this is the teme I like even though I like Coppermine better for other reasons). The Mac Os X theme has the general look and fee I want but I want to eliminate all the borders around boxes, etc. - what I consider all the "clutter". I've tried to modify the Mac OS X theme but I don't have a clue what I am doing. I might eventually figure it out but it will be a long learning curve. My experience is php/mysql coding. I know nothing about css or other ways to make the information "look pretty".

Any help, or a really simple theme, will be greatly appreciated.

Dave
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:23:07 pm by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: a clean theme
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:10:22 pm »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Coppemine  :D. At the top of this board is a Sticky to help get you going http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24056.0. At the end GauGau gives you two tools to help dissect a theme to determine what css properties control what colors, borders and such. I recommend the Web Developer extension for Firefox. Once installed and you open your website, a simple <control-shift-y> brings up a crosshair and shows you at the bottom of the window what css property is controlling that area. Change it, upload and refresh your screen and watch the magic take place. Read up on the tool as there are many more utilities but this is the one I use most. Give it a try and come back when you need help.

Cheers,

Gizmo

[edit] Check out Stramm's Tentacle theme: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28273.0. It has few borders and a white background.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:13:56 am by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:11:55 am »

Hint: review the existing themes in the demo (using the "choose a theme" dropdown), go for the theme that fits your needs the most, download and modify it further for an even "cleaner" look.

milstone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:32:22 pm »

Thanks. Using Web Developer I am already much closer to my goal. I'm still having trouble identifying a few of the elements that still need to be edited but this definitely has me on the right track. Now I need to learn at least a little something about css.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.