Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving the gallery to different account  (Read 3261 times)

dave650

• Coppermine newbie
moving the gallery to different account
« on: June 17, 2006, 05:27:45 am »

Hi, I looked around some but didn't see anything on this. Is it possible to move the whole gallery(database, pics, etc.) to a new directory (ie: a new website) and keep it intact and functioning? I installed the gallery through my website admin panel (cpanel).

thanks

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
Re: moving the gallery to different account
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:32:37 am »

yeah i guess, u just need to upload everything like the gallery and the databases i guess, i believe it works  ;)
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

dave650

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 05:18:23 pm »

yeah i guess, u just need to upload everything like the gallery and the databases i guess, i believe it works  ;)

can you give more details? I don't think its going to be just that easy. I'm not sure how or where to find the actual database. Does it reside in the folder that the gallery was installed in ie: www.domain.com/gallery ? If so are you saying i could just copy the gallery folder and then  upload it into the new location?

thanks,
dave

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:27:33 pm »

what i believe is you need your databases in ur mysql databases folder   
im not sure but this is what i think

-upload your mysql databases
-upload the whole gallery folder

Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

dave650

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 09:57:04 pm »

Hey i tried copying and pasting via ftp the gallery folder and the site functions except i can't upload pics. I can login though. here is the error i get:
 Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script ! 

any idea what to do with that?

Dave

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 07:04:25 am »

Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script ! 
Then make it writable by applying permissions as suggested in the docs.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:06:28 am »

Okey let explain it, To move your CPG from cpanle to another site :
1.you need to backup from your gallery folder , you can use a FTP client (such as ws_ftp pro) to copy your gallery (all folder and files) to your local computer (also you can use backup icon under your cpanel and Download a home directory Backup but it's full backup and contain everything and also gallery folder)
2. you need to backup from your CPG database , you can use phpmyadmin (you can find it under MySQL Databases icon), go to phpmyadmin and then select your cpg database (click on it) and then click on "export" and then select all of the tables and select "save as file" check box, and clcik "go" in this way you have a sql/txt file
-also you can use "Download a MySQL Database Backup" under "backup" icone ,it gives you a compressed gz backup of your database.
3.now go to your other site , reastore your mysql backup.To reastore your mysql backup you need phpmyadmin , first create your database (same name as a cpg name , you can find the cpg name under your backup) with phpmyadmin then select your new empty database and click on "import" and give the sql/txt file to reastore it.
4.now you should create a user with full privileges to this database (under MySql databases) and then edit your /include/config.inc.php and enter user and password
5.and finaly send gallery to your site with ftp (also see the docs for permission setting as gaugau seggested)
- on Cpanel every database and user that you create have a prefix , this prefix is your main username for cpanel, so if the other end is Cpanel too then your db name and user name will change and you should edit config.inc.php with these new names
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.