Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URENT! UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE!  (Read 5208 times)

nnaerie

• Coppermine newbie
URENT! UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE!
« on: June 17, 2006, 06:01:02 am »

I am hoping this is simple to resolve...

I just moved my domain and files to a new server, and the directories are all different, not sure if that's the issue...

None of my PHP is working, for the gallery or PHPBB.  I downloaded all my files before moving servers, but have no idea how to recreate the database or make things work again.  Following is the error that I get...please help!:

"Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user: 'nnaerie_dbadmin@localhost' to database 'nnaerie_galerie'"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:06:52 am by GauGau »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: URENT! UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 06:08:15 am »

What version of Coppermine are you using?  Do *not* double-post on the 1.3 and 1.4 boards.

It sounds like you haven't transferred your database to the new domain.  You need to move both the files *and* the database.

Please read this FAQ item carefully: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#moveGallery

nnaerie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 06:25:28 am »

I downloaded all of my files with FTP, but nothing more...did I miss something?  The database is not in my files?  I've already changed the nameservers over, so the control panel I have access to is the new one.  How can I restore all of my old info?

Thanks.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 06:32:40 am »

No, the database is not present in any files.  The database is on the MySQL server, which you can backup or export using a tool like phpMyAdmin, as the FAQ entry says.

Whenever you backup your Coppermine gallery, you need to backup the files *and* the database. 

In backing up the database, you'll create a file which includes a series of commands which will re-create your database in case of disaster or when moving to a new MySQL server.

nnaerie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 02:52:58 am »

Thank you...

Seems I have successfully downloaded the .sql files with PHPadmin...where exactly do I upload the saved databases?  Do I create a new database on the new server first?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 03:21:55 am »

Generally you need to create the database first.  Then you execute the SQL commands on the server using a tool like phpMyAdmin (it has a "SQL" tab where you can upload the file).

nnaerie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: URGENT! UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 07:29:41 am »

Got it...THANKS, you rock!

Do you know anything about PHPBB?  I am having the same issue.  I went through the same process as with the gallery and uploaded the forum database after creating it on the new server, but it's giving me this error:

"phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

Does it have something to do with database name and password?  I don't think I remember those from the old server.

If you aren't sure, that's fine...I will look for PHPBB support boards...

Thanks again!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: URGENT! UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:06:37 am »

If you aren't sure, that's fine...I will look for PHPBB support boards...
Yes, please do exactly that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.