Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean install on new website/webhost  (Read 3599 times)

stabone76

• Coppermine newbie
Clean install on new website/webhost
« on: June 17, 2006, 03:40:11 pm »

I have recently switched websites and hosting and want to use my settings/photos from my old site.  I have my coppermine folder from that site saved, and am installing a fresh copy on my new host.  Am i correct in thinking that once it is installed correctly i just need to replace my images folder and my albums folder... and i suppose one or two others?

I tried to just install my old folder directly to my site, but that didnt work because of passwords and probably other reasons.

I found a couple links that were close to my question which is why i think i just need to swap out a couple folders/files, but im not sure which ones.  I want the same settings.  I have been "brainstorming" for over an hour now and have to reinstall it because im moving files im sure i shouldnt

tony

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Clean install on new website/webhost
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 03:46:51 pm »

you not only need a copy of the files but a backup (dump) of your database also. Do you have a backup of the db?

stabone76

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »

I'm not sure.  I download via FTP, my entire site to my cpu, so if it is one of the files that i would have gotten then i do have it.  Otherwise, i may not

I also keep getting this error: Unable to write config file 'include/config.inc.php'
I checked my permissions (i have to use plesk 7.5, file manager, permissions)  Anyway, it wont allow me to change my permissions, but i notice they are already set to allow everything anyway.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 04:04:27 pm »

with just dowing a FTP download you don't get a MySQL db backup. If you still have access to that server then do that asap (eg. with using a tool like phpmyadmin)

and please stick to the rules and ask only one question per thread... but it definitely is a permission problem. Read the CPG install guide (in the docs) and your plesk documentation
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.