Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Admin after installation+phpMyAdmin configuration  (Read 5602 times)

sergio

• Coppermine newbie
No Admin after installation+phpMyAdmin configuration
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:43:21 pm »

Hi,
after installation of the latest version (1.4.7. - downloaded from here) there are not an config button or access for admin after login. I cleared cookies, disabled firewall, runed update.php but nothing has helped me to come into Gallery as the admin. Therfore there nothing pícture uploaded. Might be I can get admin rights via phpMyAdmin? I didn't find in the database any hints for admin.
A link to my page: www.honigdachs.de/coppermine/index.php
Might be anybody can check the mistake there?

Thanks

Sergio 

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: No Admin after installation+phpMyAdmin configuration
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:54:13 pm »

And so when you go to the admin page manually, it says "You don't have permission to access this page."?

What does it say after you login?  Make sure you have cookies turned on fully for your browser.  You can always step back the cookie settings once you are able to login as admin.

sergio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:16:09 pm »

Hi,
When I want manuell login , "../admin.php", it says "You don't have permission to access this page". Cookies are cleared and cookies turned on fully for your browser before. but there are not access for admin. Whats wrong?

sergio

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:21:43 pm »

What does it say when you try to login?  Does it give an error message like "Couldn't log in. Try again"?  Or does it seem to log you in?

Maybe try clearing your browser's cache also.

samfluxar

• Coppermine newbie
Re: No Admin after installation+phpMyAdmin configuration, Please Help!!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 07:33:57 pm »

I am having a similar problem.. after integrating the gallery into the site I have lost the ability to login into the admin section..  When I initially get on the gallery index and go to login, I enter the admin un and pw to login and it acts like it logs me in but I have no options to the admin area, just the same options I had before prior to logging in.  When I try going to the admin page manually, after logging in on the login page, it says "You don't have permission to access this page".  I did the same as Sergio and cleared my cookies, made sure they were enabled and I also cleared the cache and still had the same results.

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated!!
the address to the gallery is currently at http://www.kerncountytractor.com/gallery/

Thanks!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 01:51:45 am »

For each of you, please check your 'cpg_usergroups' table using a tool like phpMyAdmin.  Look at the record for "Administrators" and see if "has_admin_access" is set to "1".  It should be "0" for all other groups.

Before doing that, make sure you are truly being logged in.  Check "My profile" and see if it shows your profile and what group it says you belong to.  If you cannot view your profile, you're probably not logged in.  Check your cookie settings to allow cookies.

sergio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 09:30:00 pm »

Hi,
when I start coppermine with index.php and have loged in the windows after greeting screen ( "welcome...") the same as the starting window. There are not a profile button.
In phpMyAdmin I changed "0" to "1" in "cpg-usergroup" for "has_admin_access", but nothing has changed for me in coppermine!
Can you send me a screenshot or describtionof a regular phpMyAdmin table especially administrator fields?

Thank

Sergio

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 04:20:15 am »

@sergio: You shouldn't have to change the database tables manually.  If you don't have a "My Profile" button, it sounds like you are not being logged on (as long as you are using a theme which has a "My Profile" button, like one of the default themes).  Usually this means that a cookie is not being accepted by your browser.  Double-check your cookie settings and even try another browser (IE, Firefox, Opera).

A link to your site might be helpful.  And do you have a non-admin user account you can provide here?  Or one you can provide by private message?

Make sure you only changed the Administrators group in cpg_usergroups to "has_admin_access" to "1".  All other groups *must* be "0".  You shouldn't have had to change this, but since it sounds like you did, I want to make sure you didn't change the wrong group.

sergio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 06:56:29 pm »

Hi,
thank you for quick answer!
At first, I have not a file "theme.php" in my coppermine!
When I'm trying login via firefox, after clearing all cookies, the result the same: I'm not become admin, there are not a profile button.

These are all my buttons before and after login: "Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search ".

In phpMyAdmin I've only changes "has_admin_access" value "standard" from "0" to "1".

the link to my coppermine: "www.honigdachs.de/coppermine/index.de"

Who can it make it fit?

Sergio

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 09:18:02 pm »

@sergio: First of all, your site is running 1.4.6.  Maybe you were mistaken when you said 1.4.7 in your first post, but if not, you didn't upgrade properly.  In any case, you should upgrade to 1.4.8 soon - either before or after you solve this admin problem.  I'm fairly certain this upgrade is not related to your admin problem.

Do you have a non-admin user account you can post here or send to me by private message?  If not and you are comfortable sending the admin account to me by private message, go ahead.  I'm not sure what I can find out, but I'm also not sure what else to say right now. 

Your main problem is that you cannot login at all - forget about admin access.  That still sounds like a cookie problem.  It sounds like you are certain your client's browser will accept cookies.  And you have the correct JavaScript code on your site to write the cookie.  Oh - maybe check your browser's JavaScript setting?  You need to allow JavaScript in order to write the cookie that is part of the login procedure.

Finally, I don't understand this line you wrote:
In phpMyAdmin I've only changes "has_admin_access" value "standard" from "0" to "1".
Did you change the default setting?  If so, that's BAD.  That means if you create a new group, that group will have admin access.  Change it back to "0".  The only thing that should be set to "1" for "has_admin_access" is the record for the "Administrators" group.  Take a look at this posting for an example screenshot.

sergio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 09:10:05 pm »

Hi,
I've down- and uploaded  and installed 1.4.8. version. There are a new database was create, I changes just nothing in the database. But the problems are alive: I can't login as an admin,can't create any user accounts and can't send any privat message, I got message about not permission when have run "admin.php", "versioncheck,php" or "phpinfo.php".

A question: In "..include/config.inc.php" (opened via ftp) is this phrase:
"<?php
// Coppermine configuration file
// Silly safe mode
define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);
"

Might be there is something wrong ( "silly safe mode"-  what's that?)?

best wishes

sergio

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.