Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add files slow displaying directory listing  (Read 2618 times)

darrinmc

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add files slow displaying directory listing
« on: June 15, 2006, 06:12:36 am »

When I click on Batch add files it takes 3-5 minutes for the searchnew.php page to display the first directory listing. This only happens on my shared web host machine. Is there anything I can do to speed up the display of this page or debug what the problem is? I've verified the permissions on the albums dir are correct according to the FAQ. The number of directories in albums/uploaded_files doesn't seem to have an effect on how long it takes.

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
Re: Batch add files slow displaying directory listing
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:20:32 am »

hehe i dont think there is a way to speed it up  :D
may i see the url to your gallery
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

darrinmc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 07:12:11 am »

I removed the recursive call to display_dir_tree($folder . $file . '/', $ident . '    '); in the display_dir_tree function in searchnew.php and it's much faster now. Is this going to cause any downstream problems? It looks like the page is caching the directory tree the first time this page is accessed. My directory structure contains thousands of files and it's way too slow.

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:47:43 am »

I suggest reviewing the folder structure / nesting. Use the browsable batch-add interface if you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.