Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions!!!!  (Read 3984 times)

cartooner

• Coppermine newbie
Questions!!!!
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:28:46 pm »

I own and operate a forum powered by VBulletion software. I am tired of depending on FileCabin and such uploaders
and I would like to put a Image Uploader on a server seperate from the forum software.

I am very interested in Coppermine, but I want something where the members don't have to log in too every time they use it.  Can Coppermine be modified so my members don't have to log-in??

I do have PhotoPost, but if Coppermine would work out I'll uninstall PhotoHost(plus it's installed on same server as forum).  And I do have a hack but it's only to upload images on same server as forum is using too.

I'm just looking for something fairly easy to use for my members...where there don't have to keep logging into.

my forum is at www.edtoonsboard.com, if it's ok to post the address. If not I'll remove the link.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Questions!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:47:26 am »

You should check out the demo to get a feel for Coppermine.  You should also take a few minutes and read the online documentation - you can read about how to bridge Coppermine to your bbs.  It's very easy to do and it allows your members to stay logged in when they visit your Coppermine gallery.  There is also a bridge sub-board in the 1.4.x section of the forum.  If you have any problems with the bridge, you can ask your question(s) there (after searching for your error, of course).
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Nibbler

Re: Questions!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:59:58 am »

Depends what you mean by different servers. If the scripts are to be run on entirely different domains then bridging cannot be used. If they are different subdomains then it can work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.