Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How 2 add new {CUSTOM_...}? Trying 2 work around omitted <body> in custom header  (Read 3579 times)

TwilightRealm

• Coppermine newbie

Not always fond of netspeak but had to in order to fit what I wanted to express in the subject.

I have a template for my site. It's header.php and header1.php.

header.php contains the html and head info, and header1.php contains the end head info and body layout. I have them as two separate info so that each page can call the two, and if need be, I can put information between the includes for something the page may require in the head area.

At first I thought it was easy enough just to put both includes in the custom header.php in the root of my gallery, until I read that it omits <head>, <body>, </head>. Now in view source it has everything but those.

Now, thanks Coppermine (...), I've put the top html information like doctype in template.html and then put {CUSTOM_HEADER}, and in header.php I have it linked to something now called header-extra.php, which is header.php without that top html information. For the rest of my site, so it won't interfere, I have now in header.php the top information and then header-extra.php in an include.

If this doesn't make sense for people, just focus on someone doing extra work, grumbling and grunting until they've semi-accomplished trying to get tags in. Now I have the html, the head stuff from the include that counts as my custom header, and the <body> tag in template.html.

I figured I could do the same with my header1.php thing, put <body> in there and link the rest of the layout scripting from an include file. And for the purposes of the gallery, from a custom file link the extra include file (and not header1.php but something like header1-extra.php).

However, in order to do this, I figured I'd have to do this (please correct me if I'm wrong):

themes/----/templates.html
just after <body>:
insert {CUSTOM_HEADER1}

includes/themes.inc.php
just after
'{CUSTOM_HEADER}' => $custom_header,
insert
'{CUSTOM_HEADER1}' => $custom_header1,

just after
$custom_header = cpg_get_custom_include($CONFIG['custom_header_path']);
insert
$custom_header1 = cpg_get_custom_include($CONFIG['custom_header1_path']);

english.php

just after
//cpg1.4
  array('Path to custom header include', 'custom_header_path', 0, 'f=index.htm&amp;as=admin_theme_include_path_start&amp;ae=admin_theme_include_path_end'),

insert
//cpg1.4
  array('Path to custom header1 include', 'custom_header1_path', 0, 'f=index.htm&amp;as=admin_theme_include_path_start&amp;ae=admin_theme_include_path_end'),

In SQL:
INSERT INTO CPG_config VALUES ('custom_header1_path', '');

then create header1.php
insert
<?php
include("../header1-extra.php");
?>

Am I close?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:42:06 am by GauGau »

TwilightRealm

• Coppermine newbie

Close but no cigar, just tested it.

Isn't there some way I can remove whatever's taking the head and body tags out? If not, then this is what I have to go for:

template.html
doctype info
<html>
{CUSTOM_HEADER} (has php include to meta tags)
</head>
<body>
{CUSTOM_HEADER1} (has page layout)
rest of template.html

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I don't understand everything you're trying to say, but why don't you just leave the {CUSTOM_HEADER} token as it is and make the custom header include to a file that actually contains the includes to your two other files? This way, you won't have to fiddle with the code in future updates and keep things nice'n easy.

TwilightRealm

• Coppermine newbie

My site template spans from <html> to past <body> to include the layout. If I can only include </head><body> then that would mean I'd have to split it into two parts, correct? But if even putting </head><body> in header.php is going to make it disappear, if it HAS to be in template.html, then that would split what I want in two parts, wouldn't it?

TwilightRealm

• Coppermine newbie

Nevermind, I just ended up commenting out the things that were taking out the <body> and other tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.