Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URI/URL upload issue concerning memory and bandwidth  (Read 2104 times)

krnboy

• Coppermine newbie
URI/URL upload issue concerning memory and bandwidth
« on: June 13, 2006, 11:00:30 pm »

I tried several different configs but now i'm wondering if there is no option for this problem.  I use a free webhosting that gives me 200mb of webspace and 5 gigs of band.  Well, I use an outside host to host my pictures, namely photobucket.  Tat way i can save memory and bandwidth.  I used to use a different gallery that allowed me to submit just the link and the gallery will pull the image from photobucket.  When i tried doin the same in Coppermine i noticed in my FTP that it copies the original photo on Photobucket and places it in "albums".  thus, making an unnessesary duplicate.  I'm realli hard for webspace so is there anyway that i can keep coppermine from copying the original, but still make the  thumbnails and intermediate pictures?  It would be of great help! I'm in the process of moving over 200-300 pictures from my other gallery to my new Coppermine gallery    ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:33:46 pm by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: URI/URL upload issue concerning memory and bandwidth
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:17:47 am »

Take a look at the "remote server" hack on the mods board.

In general terms (and FYI), the supporters don't support such a feature because it can be used to steal bandwidth from others.  Yes, there are legitimate uses, but they don't outweigh the evil ones. 

krnboy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: URI/URL upload issue concerning memory and bandwidth
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:07:23 pm »

thx i'll go look it up!

AH! I found it!  You saved me a biiiggg headache!   :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 07:16:44 pm by krnboy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.