Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing index page to not use thumbnail tables  (Read 4602 times)

wonderin

• Coppermine newbie
Changing index page to not use thumbnail tables
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:01:23 pm »

Hi, I am using a modified theme, pretty much nothing like what it started as.  What I am wanting to do is use a map of Australia as the thumbnail entry points into the different states/albums.   Now I could create a custom index page if I could simply remove the {GALLERY} from the template but this causes an error as I guess the code is looking for it.  I have even tried to REM it out as I have with a lot of buttons and bits I don't need.

Is this a possibilty?

An example of the map I would like to use is on a mates site.  http://www.digitalvisionaustralia.com/oz/index.html

I am playing with Coppermine here -> http://www.digitalvisionaustralia.com/coppermine/

I would also like to remove the 'Category Albums Files ', '8 albums on 1 page(s)' and '0 files in 8 albums and 1 categories with 0 comments viewed 0 times' lines but I havent' looked into that bit yet.

My biggest concern right now is getting the map to work.  I do hope this is a possibilty.

Kind regards to all for reading,

Lee

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Changing index page to not use thumbnail tables
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:26:35 pm »

there is a possibility but it's need some programming experience you should deal with $template_cat_list variable under theme.php of your template
- first read How to create a theme
- check all the refrences under that how to
- after reading those and get the idea you can use $template_cat_list to create your custom map (you should pass all the html code to this variable under your theme.php)

update:
- also you can use anycontent.php , Disable all other block (admin mode =>Config =>Album list view =>The content of the main page) and just keep "anycontent"(the value for that field should be "anycontent" only,without "") with that and edit {root folder}\anycontent.php to  meet your aim
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:47:18 pm by bmossavari »
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 04:56:16 pm »

Here's an idea that might work for you.

1. Create an anycontent.php page. Here's a link to help with that: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=21000.0. Here you can add your map and the territories can link to the corresponding categories.

2. After uploading your anycontent.php page to your CPG root directory, change your Breadcrumb to only contain the "anycontent" link. Here is the manual info for doing this: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_album_list. Basically "Config>Album list view>The content of the main page" and add only "anycontent".

This method will use your theme layout, the menus will still be present and you won't have any of the gallery picture items showing on the page. Now when a visitor clicks a territory, they'll be taken to that category. As a side note, I would create categories for each territory and this way you can have multiple albums within that category. You can't nest albums but you can categories.

I'd be interested in seeing the final gallery so please let us know how you make out.

Cheers,

Billy

PS. There is a one question per post rule so please post your other questions separately and we'll help you out with them. Hint: these are called "statistics" and here's a search query to start you off with: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=search2;search=remove%20statistics

[edit] got scooped while on the phone.  :P
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

wonderin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 12:10:06 am »

Thankyou very much for the replies. I had seen the anycontect section but never thought to apply it to what I wanted :D

I will get into it tonight when I get home. 

Not a problem showing you how it went, although its not going to be a photoalbum strictly...found another use for it!

Kind regards,

Lee

wonderin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:47:04 pm »

Thanks again for the info. 

I am so glad that it turned out to be so easy, too easy in fact! Thats probably why I skipped the anycontent bit before! :)

Anyway, the above link to my coppermine has the anycontent bit working now so you can see where I am upto.

Stats are gone too, so thats good!  My breadcrumb needs a little configuring next, new post for that one :D

Ta again,

Lee

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:22:21 pm »

Greate work  :D
you've done it Lee .excllent job with anycontent.php  ;D
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 09:09:14 pm »

Yes.. very nice work!   :D Congrats!

Gizmo
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.