Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need web viewer that allows brightness, contrast, image size controls  (Read 5453 times)

msm

• Coppermine newbie

I am willing to

• Purchase?
  • Pay for Development?
  • Freeware?

Any ideas, estimates, products, costs...

Thanks,

Mark
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 12:20:17 am by GauGau »

Dr Preacox

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Is the Matrix...
    • Dynamic Creations

how about using the ones on your monitor, or in your windows settings?
My Mods:
Making Memberlist Public - VIEW
Different Way of Displaying Categories - VIEW
Coming Soon - Automated Sub Domains -MOD

msm

• Coppermine newbie

This is for an application that presents xrays online.  The source images often need to be adjusted to bring out detail in different locations on the picture.  Manipulating brightness and contrast (in a manner more sophisticated than providing sunglasses to the user) is very important.

Mark

Dr Preacox

• Contributor
  • Is the Matrix...
    • Dynamic Creations

Well I used this magic thing called google and it gave me 195,000 relative results, so have you tried there?
try the following

http://www.sph.sc.edu/comd/rorden/mricro.html
http://photojockey.com/help/help_color.html
http://www.techsoup.org/howto/articles/software/page4387.cfm
http://www.safesite.com/category.php%5Baction%5Dbrowse&i=60&id=139&f=%7C%7C%7C%7C&s=product.date_released%7CDESC%5BSiteID%5Ddigibuy

at least one of them should be able to help, if not please try using google it really cuts the work out for me :D
My Mods:

msm

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the links.

I'll have my tech guy research more.  We've done this in the past and never quite came up with something appropriate. 

If there is someone out there who knows the array of solutions available or who at least knows several good options, I'm happy to pay for some time from someone who lives in this 'online photo' world, has much more experience and has already done the research.

Mark

Dr Preacox

• Contributor
  • Is the Matrix...
    • Dynamic Creations

one last option, have you thought off editing your photo's offline ie in say photoshop and then uploading them once they are optimized to the right brightness / contrast, or does it have to be online so people can change it as they wish?
My Mods:

msm

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the suggestion... we already do that.  However, many images contain portions that are too dark and too light.  There is not one optimum setting for an image... they may need to bring out detail for multiple portions of an image, requiring different settings.

Also, I need to clarify that this needs to be server based... not something that they'll run on a local machine... they are currently using a browser to view jpegs... I'd like to keep them in a browser if possible, but am willing to entertain all reasonable options that will give the user robust control over what they are viewing.

Thanks again...

Mark

Dr Preacox

• Contributor
  • Is the Matrix...
    • Dynamic Creations

I understand that perfectly as all peoples monitors are different and display in different ways, I think what you need is a java applet, I'll try and find one, because I know there has to be one out their, Im really bored anyways :)

Sam~
My Mods:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

It might help to add a calibration graphic to the bottom of your gallery (by adding it to your theme) that will help users calibrate their monitors. Many photography-related sites do that. See attachment. You might even add a textual explanation to your page footer that explains what the calibration bar is meant to be used for.

Dr Preacox

• Contributor
  • Is the Matrix...
    • Dynamic Creations

Thats a good idea GuaGau
My Mods:

rctruckz

• Coppermine novice
    • RC Truckz
Re: Need web viewer that allows brightness, contrast, image size controls
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 05:35:34 pm »

A good program (not for websites but for users for all apps) is Powerstrip, ive used it for years as when browsing websites or even playing games i can alter the brightness/contrast at the touch of a key :)

link: http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.