Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I hide the 'random files' and 'last edition' tables...  (Read 4109 times)

sanax

• Coppermine newbie

... I see these two galleries show up on each page?! Can I hide it? I looked through the settings etc. but seems to me I can't hide it from the index and other pages...

Any suggestions?... or do I miss something simple here?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How do I hide the 'random files' and 'last edition' tables...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:32:50 pm »

read the faq

ipoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 09:36:37 pm »

maybe my answer is more productive than "read the faq" but in general its a good idea to have a look at the documentation  ;D

login as admin
goto config
expand album list  and have a look at
The content of the main page

iPoe

sanax

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 09:49:59 pm »

maybe my answer is more productive than "read the faq" but in general its a good idea to have a look at the documentation  ;D

login as admin
goto config
expand album list  and have a look at
The content of the main page

iPoe

Thank you iPoe... your description was much better! It took me a while to figure it! Thanks for your effort!... I appreciate it!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 09:51:59 pm »

If you click on the FAQ link at the top of this page, then use your browser's search function and type in "random", you'll see that there is a frequently-asked question with a detailed answer about this very question.

This is as productive as any answer but the difference is that it is more educational for future questions you might have.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 10:04:37 pm »

It's nice that you try to help, but it's uncalled for to comment on the support of others. If I or any of the more long time supporters provided "productive" replies for every repeated question that is already answered in the docs/forums, we either would have no time for life outside the forums, or would be able to answer fewer support requests.

Let's see you try to answer every single one of those 'read the docs' threads with a completely detailed reply. Once you get to my post count (currently 5243), you can come back and say something.

sanax

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 10:34:19 pm »

It's nice that you try to help, but it's uncalled for to comment on the support of others. If I or any of the more long time supporters provided "productive" replies for every repeated question that is already answered in the docs/forums, we either would have no time for life outside the forums, or would be able to answer fewer support requests.

Let's see you try to answer every single one of those 'read the docs' threads with a completely detailed reply. Once you get to my post count (currently 5243), you can come back and say something.

Maybe you should look for another job! No need to be nasty if you're one of the developers!!

sanax

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 10:35:14 pm »

If you click on the FAQ link at the top of this page, then use your browser's search function and type in "random", you'll see that there is a frequently-asked question with a detailed answer about this very question.

This is as productive as any answer but the difference is that it is more educational for future questions you might have.

Thank you Paver!! I'll do that in the future! :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 11:10:00 pm »

Maybe you should look for another job! No need to be nasty if you're one of the developers!!
It's not a job. I volunteer to help those who ask valid questions. It's ungrateful lazy users like you who irritate supporters.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 12:31:04 am »

Let's sum up. 

When a supporter says "read the FAQ", that means the supporter knows that the question asked is in the FAQ.
When a supporter says "read the docs", that means the same thing for the docs.

It does *not* mean that the supporter is lazy.  Either one of those responses is a perfectly valid & helpful response.  You can follow up of course if your question is not perfectly answered.

Please learn how to use your browser's find/search function.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.