Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special Edit (A "Caption" Group)  (Read 27370 times)

jjhat1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Special Edit (A "Caption" Group)
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:07:42 am »

This plugin is designed to make the group named Caption be able to edit the captions of any picture on Coppermine.

Installation Instructions
Make a group named Caption
Install the plugin

About This Plugin
It's that simple.  All members of the Caption group will then be able to edit the captions of ANY pictures on the Coppermine.  The purpose for this script in my case is to give members of the journalism class permissions to make captions but not rights to move, delete, or reset any aspects involved in administrative access.  This plugin works by checking permissions in the database for members of the group then displaying the appropriate link that gives access to edit the caption.  The actual caption is an extremely stripped down version of the editOnePic.php file that only allows for the title, caption, keywords, and user fields to be edited.  This script does not include any of the code that allows for the display or processing of other information that can be minipulated in editOnePic.php.

I hope this code is useful as this is a feature that is too specific to make its way into Coppermine but might be a feature that people weary of giving people administrative access and only want Captions and not upload privileges to be granted.

To Do List
Make some type of mechanism that makes it clear about the group that needs to be created.  Possibly through a configuration menu that runs when the plugin is installed.

Version History
Version 1.0: Initial Release
Version 1.1: Rewrote the script that allows the editing of captions and removed unnecessary code.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:32:43 am by GauGau »

jjhat1

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: Special Edit (A "Caption" Group)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:35:25 pm »

I have modified this plugin extensively and rewrote my first post with updated information.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 04:06:25 am by jjhat1 »

n3n

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:55:28 pm »

Very nice, works perfect :)

Could be a nice addon to add multiple permissions. Like delete/move or something. And maybe an option to change the group name.

Tnx for the work !

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:30:59 pm »

How can I edit this plugin to allow also the file moving between albums?

mireillesan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:28:25 pm »

This was a great plugin! It's a shame it doesn't work properly in cpg 1.5.x. ):

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 05:46:56 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.