Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping cart  (Read 651974 times)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Shopping cart
« Reply #560 on: November 14, 2008, 11:27:21 am »

Issues with options ordering in admin:

When I am modifying my client's options in Shop, the first 4 only let me move them down (only the down arrow is showing), but all the rest below that let me move them up, or down, until one of them is moved into the top 4th slot, then the the ability to go up more is removed? Trying to search for this but I'm not finding anything and it happens on 3 of my client's sites. Very frustrating!

That issue is corrected in the new version of the shop (not yet published)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #561 on: November 14, 2008, 11:38:46 am »

I'm also having a problem with the check out process. When an item is placed in the cart and the customer clicks on the "X items in cart" and tries to check out from there, a page comes up wanting a username and password with the button saying "Authenticate".
I can't replicate this behaviour with the shop version 1.3.6. Codingwise it's not likely, too, as the check if the user is logged in or not doesn't depend in any kind on the type of link or where it is placed. It's a check in photo_shop_checkout.php that's using Coppermines base functions for that.

But when the customer clicks on Checkout from the menu, there's no problems. Unfortunately this will confuse a lot of people and my client needs this resolved *today*.
If you need time critical support you should hire a programmer. I'm coding in my free time and I even clearly stated in the shops announcement thread (this very thread) that I won't give support for it. However I did most of the time. Still that's no reason to demand immediate support or to PM me unasked.

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #562 on: November 14, 2008, 05:21:28 pm »

That issue is corrected in the new version of the shop (not yet published)
Thanks, I'll gladly wait for it if I ca fix the other issue.

Still that's no reason to demand immediate support or to PM me unasked.
I was stating a sense of urgency, most definitely NOT demanding (I understand it can be hard to differentiate but it is what it is) and did not see any rules that I couldn't PM someone without a written invitation.  If you don't want to be hired a simple no thank you would suffice.

Unfortunately, I can't resolve it. I can duplicate it every time and it does it when I click on continue shopping and all the other buttons, even when I totally uninstall and reinstall everything and use different versions of both Coppermine and Photo Shop. Off to see if I can find a programmer.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #563 on: November 14, 2008, 06:17:17 pm »

Check cookie issues (clear cookies and retry). Another point could be subdomain issues. www.domain.com is not domain.com -> means if one button sends you to domain.com and the other to www.domain.com then this may be a problem.

That's what happens when I click the checkout button - if it's different for you, then the easiest fix would be to remove one of the buttons.

Case 1: I'm logged in
 - a) clicking checkout from within the cart (below item list) -> checkout confirmation page
 - b) clicking checkout from within the menu  -> checkout confirmation page

Case 2: I'm not logged in
 - a) clicking checkout from within the cart (below item list) -> signup and login page
 - b) clicking checkout from within the menu -> signup and login page

and did not see any rules that I couldn't PM someone without a written invitation
From the registration page (rules you agreed to on signing up)
11. Post publicly
Sending private messages to supporters or devs, asking for help or support is a bad idea. The whole point of a support board is that others can see your questions and the replies. There is no individual support by email or private message. If sensitive information like an admin account is needed, the supporter will ask for it.

If you don't want to be hired a simple no thank you would suffice.
You didn't say you intended to hire me so I haven't had any chance to say: 'No thanks!'.

and my client needs this resolved *today*
I was stating a sense of urgency, most definitely NOT demanding
Ok, maybe I got you wrong here
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:22:58 pm by Stramm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #564 on: November 14, 2008, 07:19:47 pm »

I was stating a sense of urgency, most definitely NOT demanding (I understand it can be hard to differentiate but it is what it is)
I felt the same way Stramm did - your posting sounded exactly as Stramm said.

and did not see any rules that I couldn't PM someone without a written invitation. 
Really? That's amazing. As Stramm pointed out, it's part of the board rules that you agreed to respect when signing up. Additionally, it's available in the very board navigation: the link "board rules" (between the menu items "Search" and "Profile") would have lead you to
11. Post publicly
Sending private messages to supporters or devs, asking for help or support is a bad idea. The whole point of a support board is that others can see your questions and the replies. There is no individual support by email or private message. If sensitive information like an admin account is needed, the supporter will ask for it.

In other words: you are not allowed to send a PM or email to the supporters, devs or anyone else on this forum unless you have explicitely been given permission to do so.
The only exception to this rule are security-related issues that have an impact on the most recent stable release: if you have discovered a security flaw in coppermine, you're allowed to contact one of the devs directly to alert him of the potential flaw.
Review your attitude!

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #565 on: November 14, 2008, 07:24:11 pm »

You didn't say you intended to hire me so I haven't had any chance to say: 'No thanks!'.

That was in the PM.

I apologize my intent was misunderstood, it's often difficult to convey meaning in text.

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #566 on: November 14, 2008, 07:31:58 pm »

Check cookie issues (clear cookies and retry). Another point could be subdomain issues. www.domain.com is not domain.com -> means if one button sends you to domain.com and the other to www.domain.com then this may be a problem.

That's what happens when I click the checkout button - if it's different for you, then the easiest fix would be to remove one of the buttons.

Case 1: I'm logged in
 - a) clicking checkout from within the cart (below item list) -> checkout confirmation page
 - b) clicking checkout from within the menu  -> checkout confirmation page

Case 2: I'm not logged in
 - a) clicking checkout from within the cart (below item list) -> signup and login page
 - b) clicking checkout from within the menu -> signup and login page

Thank you for still taking time to look into this, all the buttons go to www.domain.com I've made sure to clear cookies and cache and tried it on 2 browsers.
When logged out, the same problem exists. Any of the buttons (continue shopping, empty basket, etc) send me to the "authenticate" page.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #567 on: November 14, 2008, 07:38:34 pm »

post a link to the gallery... I still can't replicate what you report

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #568 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41:42 pm »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #569 on: November 14, 2008, 07:51:06 pm »

from what I see I'd say you use a modified version of the shop

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #570 on: November 14, 2008, 08:23:21 pm »

I don't know why, but I installed it elsewhere www.fullofgracephotography.com/test2 and added the Photo Shop before updating the tempate, and it works fine now, I did change the address to the CSS file to the complete URL, so maybe that was it? Thanks for the help!

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #571 on: November 14, 2008, 11:33:46 pm »

Last issue then I'll be gone. My client wants to have be able to have customers add an image (free) to the cart to be placed on birth announcement (not free).... I got everything figured out except how to make the line show for the free image. I noticed Stramm's site has 2 options for a free image, but I'm not able to replicate it on the clients. Tried leaving it completely blank, 0.00, and entering "free". Thanks once again.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #572 on: November 15, 2008, 11:17:31 am »

this feature is part of the new version

Synthea

• Coppermine newbie
    • Amy Williams Design
« Reply #573 on: November 26, 2008, 12:32:05 am »

Same cart, new issue. My client's site got hacked (only this Photo Shop for Coppermine was affected/messed with)... everything seems to be working again but I can't get paypal to show the correct amount...
This is the price list for images on CD(please note that everything worked prior to this hacker attack):

CDs
1 Full Resolution Image - USD 20.00 (max items on CD 1)
2 Full Resolution Images - USD 40.00 (max items on CD 2)
3 Full Resolution Images - USD 60.00 (etc)
4 Full Resolution Images - USD 80.00
5 Full Resolution Images - USD 100.00
6 Full Resolution Images - USD 120.00
7 Full Resolution Images - USD 140.00
8 Full Resolution Images - USD 160.00
9 Full Resolution Images - USD 180.00
10 Full Resolution Images - USD 200.00
11 Full Resolution Images - USD 220.00
12 Full Resolution Images - USD 240.00
13 Full Resolution Images - USD 260.00
14 Full Resolution Images - USD 280.00

The cart shows the correct total, like if the customer orders 2 images on CD, it shows as $40+ shipping, but when the customer goes to paypal, the total is $80+shipping within paypal.

greggan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #574 on: November 27, 2008, 09:21:09 pm »

Is there any easy way to to change for example "Photo" or "CD" in the buy drop down menu to something else like "tif file" or "jpg file" ?
I would also like to be able to auto attach download link to customer invoice (I prefer to thrust my customers to pay within 30 days of ordering)
Is this possible and would you like to do it for us?

Jasondt2001

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #575 on: November 30, 2008, 12:43:46 am »

Re: Taxes added

Mr. Stramm thank you so much for the incredible plugin, I and my users have found it very useful and just as important DEPENDABLE!
I am the 'web person' for a small photography 'strore' for my mother and wife.
They would like to implement a 'tax' feature on checkout.
I do realize that there has been a post you made to a German gentleman about how to implement it (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,32231.msg213217.html#msg213217). I followed the steps and it will NOT show on my screen.
I'm very eager to learn how to fix it but unfortunately I'm a green horn to PHP.

What I would like is it to add 8.25% tax to the tot-price and show that amount in the check out screen (right before you confirm your order) and it show the tax amount to the user in their email.

Here's the steps I've done so far...

In the functions.inc.php I've added
Code: [Select]
$tax = number_format(($tot_price*.825),2); Directly under the $tot_price = field

<br/>Incl. MWSt.: {$tax}{$lang_photoshop['USD']}&nbsp;&nbsp; right beneath the {total_price}

$out['text'] .= sprintf("%+63s\n", 'Incl. MWSt: '.$tax.$lang_photoshop['USD']); Right above the return $out[template]; field.

I then went into my english.php section and added

'tax' => "Total Taxable", right under the $lang_photoshop_register = array( section

I would appreciate your help very much, I wish i was more proficient and knew exactly what you needed from me to help you but unfortunately I do not.
Please tell me if there's anything else you require from me, sir.

If you'd like a link to my gallery I'll be more than happy to PM you the information if you so request.

Thankfully,

Jason

greggan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #576 on: December 03, 2008, 04:58:50 pm »

Is it possible to use multiplier or %  + and - amounts etc in the price calculation?
Like putting -50  or +10%   in the price field of shop configuration

Regards/ Stefan

Jasondt2001

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #577 on: December 09, 2008, 03:28:10 am »

Stramm, I FOUND IT!! I put it in the right place (The tax forms) and it works almost exactly how I need it too!

One thing I DO need that I can't for the life of my figure out is I have the calculation worked out on the appropriate tax amount...how or where do I put $tax to get it to add automatically to $total_order??
I SWEAR I've been SCOURING the net and any book I can find on PHP to learn myself, but, It hasnt helped...

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #578 on: December 09, 2008, 08:35:22 am »

In Germany tax is 19%
$tax = number_format(($tot_price/119*19),2);
For a tax of eg 25% change it to
$tax = number_format(($tot_price/125*25),2);

gabzee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2008, 10:15:02 pm »

Hi I was search but can't find.
How can I move the shopping plugin buttons(images in cart, checkout...), somewhere else in theme?

Tnx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.