Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping cart  (Read 651950 times)

wuschel_lux

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • volleyball.lu - photo gallery & shop
Re: Shopping cart
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2007, 05:34:01 pm »

that 'problem' not related to the plugin cause it uses the coppermine zip class. That's what you recognized too, fav download doesn't work as well.

Reason for that usually is no enough (php) memory. Default is 8mb. If you have more pics, php can't hold them in mem and zip them. Result is a damaged zip file.

Hi Stramm,

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem. It wasn't a coppermine, or Shop problem. It was a ZIP included Windows XP SP2 problem. I installed now the WinRAR programme and from this time on it works perfect.

Regards

foxxx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2007, 02:12:48 pm »

Hi,

How can I put the shopping select box on the thumbnails page?
I'd rather have it over there so visitors can easily click several photo's at the same time.

Anyone?

Regards,
Foxxx
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:23:28 pm by foxxx »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2007, 02:25:32 pm »

that's not how it works -> you'll have to code that if you want to have this feature

foxxx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »

Ok,

Thanks for your answer. I'm not much of a coder myself. If you can give me a nice price, I'am willing to pay for it

Regards,
Foxxx

foxxx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2007, 11:51:21 am »

Hi Stramm,

I posted a question about the shop select box and button on the thumbnails page. You aswered that this only can be done by recoding. I was wondering if you can do this for me if it's not to much work. The select box on the imagepage can stay, this is in addition on that page.

I hope you can (and are aible to) help me, I looked into the source and I find it to difficult.

Regards,
foxxx

pcp20us

• Go the open sources
    • noosaimages.com.au
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2007, 09:48:45 am »

Hi All and cart man stramma.

I am using paypal on my website. On the photo_shop_checkout page. I want to remove the continue button down the bottom so it will not confuse the user on where to click

See example here

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2007, 08:19:04 pm »

Hi All and cart man stramma.

I am using paypal on my website. On the photo_shop_checkout page. I want to remove the continue button down the bottom so it will not confuse the user on where to click

See example here

in photo_shop_checkout.php find
Code: [Select]
msg_box('', $msg_box_txt, $lang_continue, 'index.php');and comment it out

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2007, 08:20:41 pm »

Hi Stramm,

I posted a question about the shop select box and button on the thumbnails page. You aswered that this only can be done by recoding. I was wondering if you can do this for me if it's not to much work. The select box on the imagepage can stay, this is in addition on that page.

I hope you can (and are aible to) help me, I looked into the source and I find it to difficult.

Regards,
foxxx

I'm pretty busy atm (offline) and that's why I'm at the computer only a few mins each day. That's just enough to answer some questions here but for sure not enough to do bigger modifications or new stuff

pcp20us

• Go the open sources
    • noosaimages.com.au
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2007, 11:11:30 pm »

Hi Stramm

Yep i thought that was was i needed to comment out , tried this yesterday and all you get is the checkout page and nothing else. ?? There are 2 lines with this code i tried commenting out both of them individual.
any other options.

Thanks

Pete

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2007, 07:35:06 pm »

in the file mentioned it's only once... but shame upon my head, don't comment it out just change it to
msg_box('', $msg_box_txt, '', 'index.php');

pcp20us

• Go the open sources
    • noosaimages.com.au
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2007, 11:08:53 am »

Very Nice

Thanks stramm worked a treat.!!!

pullbuoysteve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »

Stramm

Firstly let me say that the plugin is excellent and extremely easy to install.  I went from having no install of CPG to a fully operational cart with paypal integration in about 15 minutes. Thanks!

While testing everything out, I've found one small buggette (possibly - it may be my misunderstanding of the system!) - I've had a look on the board and can't find any other reference to it so apologies if it's been posted before.

On the admin screen and order view, the volume is shown as the sum of the unit costs of the photos added to the order rather than the order total - I think this may be because of a small error in photo_shop_checkout.php:

$picture_total = ($picture_total+$price);
might be supposed to be:

$picture_total = ($picture_total+$price*$amount);
which would then store the order total in the table.  However, while I've tried this and it seems to work fine I don't know if it will affect other functions in the plugin which I haven't explored, so probably best to wait for Stramm before changing this :) - elsewhere the order total is shown correctly, most importantly in the checkout itself; indeed everyone who has used the system has paid the correct amount!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2007, 08:07:06 pm »

yep, you found a lil glitch. Reason is a newly introduced feature (prices settable per album).
You're close with your fix :) but you'd have problems with the cd feature (when adding pics to a cd)

this bug only shows to the admin when he's viewing the order overview. No user will see wrong prices

move the line you edited above the bracket and all's smooth

}
$picture_total = ($picture_total+$price);
should be
$picture_total = ($picture_total+$price*$amount);
}

the main reason for that way to add the total to the db was to avoid extensive mysql queries when showing the overview. I thought the total is an important detail and should be shown.

cdidic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2007, 02:27:49 pm »

Hi all,

Before i continue, let me thanks Stramm for this nice plugin. (that's done  ;D)

I have two question, is there a solution to automatically resize a picture in the good size  of the user choice? I mean if someone buy the same picture in 4x6 or 8x10, did i have to resize it manually before i send it to him ?

My second question, is there a solution to automatically send the zip file made bye the checkout to the email of the consumer when paypal receive the payment ?

Thanks for all the response :)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2007, 03:44:12 pm »

The purpose of that plugin is somehow different to what you expect.

Users add pics to the cart, order. You print these pics (or a printing service will do that for you) and you'll send the printed photos to your customer. So there's no need to resize pics. That's the print resolution. Instead of sending photos the user can order the pics on CD.
To make it easier for the webmaster he can download the ordered pics as zip and send the included pics to the printing service (or print them himself) without the need to search for these pics.

To automate the paypal order would mean to implement the paypal talkback feature. It's not 100% cheatprof. So I hesitate to add that as a feature. Webmasters won't check the orders anymore and rely on the system. With some spoofing however some user could order and fake the Paypal answer (that he's paid).

Search the board. I've told some other guy the basics of the paypal talkback.

cdidic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2007, 04:43:23 pm »

Ok thanks for the response,

So one thing else, when you chose the same picture twice in different 'size' how can we have the information on witch size the customer needs?

I do it for a picture and in the zip file there are the same file twice ? could it be possible to show the information of the order some where?

It's only a question not a request for feature :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:03:40 pm by cdidic »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2007, 06:07:03 pm »

That info is in the shop admin

cdidic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2007, 08:28:42 am »

:-[ Sorry i don't see that i can click on an order to have the detail, thanks a lot  :-*

Coolapix

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2007, 09:52:50 pm »

Hi Stramm  :)

Thank's a lot for sharing your plugin.

I can't imagine the hard job it was, to make it.

However, i have some questions about the plugin :

- It seems that, in the orders window, the signs and indicators for "paid / shipped" and "Unpaid / Unshipped" are inverted. I saw the "unpaid" icon and the "paid / shipped" indication together. I think that's not a big problem for someone who knows php and programming, but for me (who doesn't know that), it's very hard to find the source of the problem.

- In the Photo_shop_cart.php file, I removed the line <tr><td>{$lang_photoshop['size']}</td><td>{$row['pwidth']} x {$row['pheight']}</td></tr> because in the cart window, the dimensions indicated were those of the image uploaded int the cpg album (and not the original size), so it was strange to see a 750x500px photo to be ordered in 30x45 cm wide. It took me at least 2 hours to find the "problem", but i'm happy to have solved it  ;D

- Is it easily possible (i don't think so but....) to have more than 3 "categories" of products ("photos", "CD", and "Shipping") ?

Think i'll stop for now  ;)

And last, excuse my poor english  :)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2007, 10:42:04 pm »

1. it displays correctly
2. on purpose... the uploaded file dimensions don't matter for the print resolution. That's what the user orders
3. you're right
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.