Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping cart  (Read 651958 times)

daviddubree

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Shopping cart
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2006, 04:25:28 am »

The cart sounds great..but... I am willing to pay to have PayPal support if that is a project you can take on.  I can program but who has time! ;)

KlausH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2006, 01:02:43 pm »

Wonderful stuff! Thanks a lot!

Would it b e possible to select only one or two categories for using this shop?

My idea ist to select one for high resolution pics which could ordered.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2006, 08:16:23 pm »

Wonderful stuff! Thanks a lot!

Would it b e possible to select only one or two categories for using this shop?

My idea ist to select one for high resolution pics which could ordered.

easy to do if you don't require a backend and if it's OK to block/ show albums and not categories
then find
Code: [Select]
$event = isset($_POST['event']) ? $_POST['event'] : null;and after insert
$albums_to_show = array(1,2,3,4,5,6,10,20);
if (!in_array($pic_data['aid'], $albums_to_show)) return $pic_data;
if you want to show the shop for the albums in the albums_to_show array (edit it to your needs)
use that to block certain albums
$albums_to_block = array(1,2,3,4,5,6,10,20);
if (in_array($pic_data['aid'], $albums_to_block)) return $pic_data;

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2006, 08:18:45 pm »

The cart sounds great..but... I am willing to pay to have PayPal support if that is a project you can take on.  I can program but who has time! ;)

PayPal support... where should that be added?
after
Thanks for your order.
We have sent you a confirmation email!
and there a paypal button?

daviddubree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2006, 04:00:35 am »

In an earlier post you said "paypal account... this is not implemented. You'll have to modify photo_shop_checkout.php and add the billing solution of cour choice. PHP knowledge is necessary to do that"

I understand that, but I want to know if you or another can be nudged to add paypal support in a way that lets the buyer click on a 'Purchase' button under the intermediate pic and take them right into the Paypal checkout screen.  I only need it to support a single item purchase.  But each item in coppermine may have a different price.

If this is already available as a plugin, then my bad, but I couldn't find a paypal plugin (not a mod/hack) with unique prices for every item.

Like I said I (my client) is willing to pay for someone to add this.

Thanks!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2006, 04:56:15 am »

@daviddubree: All the contributed plugins are on the plugin contributions board.  I believe this is the only shopping cart plugin contributed so far.  If it is close to what you want, you should look into modifying it for your use.

If you are asking for paid support, please post on the "Looking for Freelancers" board (after reading the Sticky thread on that board).  Support on all the other boards is volunteered by the supporters for free.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2006, 08:18:58 am »

This is a shopping cart solution not targeted to PayPal. It should support adding several items to a basket and store that after checking out in the db. A backend shall help the webmaster to send the pics and see the total amounts. What you want to have is totally different and therefore this plugin is not for you. It's not difficult to add a paypal button somewhere in/ after the checkout. That would be for all items in the basket.

You should check the mods board and search for 'PayPal'. There are 2 mods I think that do what you need.

KlausH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2006, 12:05:10 pm »

easy to do if you don't require a backend and if it's OK to block/ show albums and not categories
then find
if you want to show the shop for the albums in the albums_to_show array (edit it to your needs)

Thanks for your fast reply; iŽll give your solution a try and of course feedback.

We have only albums on our site, so this could the one i need!

KlausH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2006, 02:00:56 pm »

Works like a charm! Thanks!

tareone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2006, 05:55:17 pm »

then find

This was really nice feature and easy to add (codebase.php). Thanks again!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2006, 07:57:03 pm »

Announcement:
New version Photo Shop v1.2 available

-supports paypal and adds wire info after checkout (configurable in include/gateway.inc.php)
-bridge compatible
-bug fixes

fareforce

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Who are you calling a weasel?
    • Alaska Studio
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2006, 11:04:03 pm »

**Nevermind**  Just figured it out.. I think.. LOL

Stramm,
  I uninstalled the old one, and installed the new one, and I can't find where to do shipping, or paypal info.. Help!!

http://www.alaskastudio.com

Thanks,
Travis
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:04:24 am by fareforce »
~fareforce
Anchorage, AK
Home of the frozen weasel
http://www.alaskastudio.com

daviddubree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2006, 12:36:57 am »

Paypal support.....Excellent!

Thanks

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2006, 04:28:24 pm »

After carefull consideration I decided to add this feature request in this thread because I believe it is important to a lot of people. Also, I think the changes/addons I propose should be in- or be part of your plugin, otherwise future updating is going to be a nightmare. For me, this is an (out of control) hobby project, so my funds are limited, but I am willing to pay (some) for (some) programming. I wouldn't be surprised if we find more contributors in this forum. In sequence of importance (to me):

1) in the cart you see the (foto)filename. Please add that to the database and show this filename when reviewing/processing the order. So many pictures are alike..... This was mentioned before and you responded to it, but I cannot make it work. While we are at it - maybe aling with the album name???

2) I would like in my confirmation email to my client to be able to use more placeholders, specifically for the customer field (the ones the client fills when making a profile). Is that hard to do?

3) multiple pricing sets. This can be real simply accomplished by having an extra field at the same place where you specify the prices right now. Per line you enter an code/ID (e.g. 1, 2, A, B or A1 etc. etc.) In the albums you need just one admin option, namely this code. No code means no shop, and listing a code means showing the appropriate types that can be ordered.

4) allow for a printout per order in the active orders list

If you feel this item needs to be discussed off-forum than please email me privatly (joost@skygliders.nl). Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2006, 05:44:40 pm »

1. The filename is not unique, but the picture ID is. The cart shows exactly that ID and links to the picture in question (click the thumb)

2. Possible

3. The shop isn't made with that in mind. Not that easy to do -> currently I'd say no, If you find someone else who's willing to change the code, perfect

4. Can't you use the browsers print function?

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2006, 07:47:11 pm »

Thank you for your reply.

Sub 1) you are of course correct on this one, but that's a matter of planning. A combination album and filename is also unique though. Right clicking is kind of tedious and does not work for printing or speedy processing. We need to do small order reprints for very little money and therefore automation is helpfull. Since the client cart shows filenames I was hoping to be able to forward that info.

Sub 2) ok - hopefully we will see that in an update. As stated, I am willing to contribute for you/someone to compensate for programming hours

Sub 3) no comment

Sub 4) see sub 1. It is not a very clean solution, I am used (in client/server db apllications) to make it nice, with client data and repeating headers etc. I guess I could dive into this, but my PHP experience is limited to hacking some existing code, this is a little more involved.

I will keep an eye on this board - who knows we will get some more reactions.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:38:18 pm by joost »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2006, 08:40:14 pm »

Thank you for your reply.

Sub 1) ... Right clicking is kind of tedious ...

try shift left

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2006, 09:35:25 pm »

3) multiple pricing sets. This can be real simply accomplished by having an extra field at the same place where you specify the prices right now. Per line you enter an code/ID (e.g. 1, 2, A, B or A1 etc. etc.) In the albums you need just one admin option, namely this code. No code means no shop, and listing a code means showing the appropriate types that can be ordered.

I did some coding today and came up with a per album solution. In the shop config you can browse through a list of all existing albums and disable the shop for that album or you can define different prices for the items in this album.

PM me your email and I send you the plugin to test

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2006, 09:55:13 pm »

I am getting confused between the 2 threads - one in the 'looking for support' forum and one here. Until I hear otherwise I will keep on posting in this thread. I placed the following in the other thread - I am repeating it here for the sake of clarity (I was wondering myself whether I had gone nuts - I knew I had posted something this afternoon).

For those following this thread: I have yet to test any new code and Stramm or I will report back later.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=37021.msg174382#msg174382
am not going to argue, you have put much more thought into this than I did. I will be happy with any additional feature over the current shop anyway.

Let me make sure I understand what you just said in the listing above:
- you agree with the switch in the albums
- in the pricing structure, there are default prices to be used if the shop switch is on  and
  you can specify prices that only show in a specified album - in this case the default prices (including default add to cd and default shipping) don't show

I would be perfectly happy with this.

For the sake of clarity, let me explain what my idee was, because it is not so silly as you might think (it might be more complicated and therefore not worth it...)

In the pricing setup you ad a code to every line item, like A or B or C or .... You can have 5 prices with code A, 3 with code B, and so on. In the album setup, you tell the album which code goes with the album, no code means no shop, code A means only the pricelist items with an A are shown, and so on. With just a couple of pricing sets you could serve hundreds of albums, certainly a nice feature. Specifically for commercial phototgraphers, they can have a setup for weddings, a setup for schools, one for a sporting event, a showcase album without any pictures for sale.

Maybe you got my point right away, but I just wanted to make sure.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:17:21 am by joost »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2006, 10:20:55 am »

Announcement:
New version Photo Shop v1.3 available
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.