Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing image links with text links  (Read 2809 times)

birddog

• Coppermine novice
    • DankSite.Com
Replacing image links with text links
« on: June 02, 2006, 07:34:38 am »

Hello, When I display an image on my galley,I see gif images above the display e.g... "show/hide file info" "slideshow" "e-card" and so on. Also below the display are rating images. I would like to replace those with normal text. When I view my page source, I see it has an alternate for text links. However, I want text as primary. How would I go about changing this? Thank you in advance for your reply.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:50:57 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Replacing image links with text links
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:40:03 am »

Edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php. If you can't find the section that determines the particular part of the output that you want to see changed, copy the section from the sample theme and edit it accordingly.
For details, it would help if we could see your site and theme, so post a link to it and attach your zipped theme (if you have customized it already) to your reply (using "additional options" when composing your message). If you haven't customized your theme yet, the link to your coppermine-driven gallery will be enough.

birddog

• Coppermine novice
    • DankSite.Com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 10:38:18 am »

Silly me. Here I was looking at displayimage.php hoping to find it. It was in sample theme all along. Please forgive me. For those of you who don't know, the sample theme (in you themes dir) will answer most of your questions. Especially the custom button question that is all over this board. It enables you to change the html throughout the coppermine gallery. Thanks again GauGau

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 10:50:44 am »

Yes, as suggested in various places all over the board and docs, the sample theme holds all possible code and should be used as a reference and resource to copy stuff into your custom theme (to allow you editing particular theme functionality). Just for clarification: you mustn't copy the entire content of themes/sample/theme.php into your custom theme, but only the section you would like to see changed. All things that exist inside the sample theme, but not within your custom theme will display the intended default behaviour in coppermine. This has two effects that have a large impact: you will (hopefully) experience nearly no issues when upgrading in the future (as the default code may change in the future), and your custom theme will be lighter and perform slightly better.

HTH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.