Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password protection for the entire coppermine gallery  (Read 3410 times)

marwick

• Coppermine newbie
Password protection for the entire coppermine gallery
« on: June 01, 2006, 07:40:11 pm »

One of the features that is easy to implement and would mean a lot for people having private (e.g. familly) galleries is password protection for the entire site. This would mean that a user needs to register/log-on before accessing any picture in any gallery or even the front page.

I have managed to do this myself just by copying one php line (that checks if the user is logged on) to several php pages, but I guess it would be nicer if this was a feature of the product. Users that do not wish to use this feature could have a config switch to switch it on/off.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:30:12 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

marwick

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Password protection for the entire coppermine gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:11:49 pm »

It is - apologies for this the last version I had (1.3.2) did not have anything alike...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Password protection for the entire coppermine gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 07:35:52 am »

There used to be a simple hack for cpg1.3.x as well: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg13x/docs/faq.htm#registeredUsersOnly
Make sure to use the most recent version before requesting new features.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.