Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking Config button (admin.php) results in Page Cannot Be Displayed  (Read 4305 times)

vpsit

• Coppermine newbie

Hello.  This is a new clean install of CPG 1.4.6.

Win2003 Server Standard with IIS 6

Running PHP 4.3.10 (GD2 extension working properly according to phpinfo(); )
MySQL 4.0.20a has a database correctly created.

When I load http://myurl/cpg146/install.php and fill out the form, I get a successful message.  After I log in as the administrator user, while in Admin Mode, if I click the CONFIG button, the web browser attempts to go to http://myurl/cpg146/admin.php but instead the browser displays Page Cannot Be Displayed error.  I get the same error if I click the UPLOAD button (http://myurl/cpg146/upload.php).

I searched the forums in the 1.4.x support section, but none of the people reporting similar errors with the CONFIG button had my problem.  I am new to Coppermine, thus the clean install.  Any ideas would be great.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:46:37 pm by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Try getting fresh copies from the download site. If that doesn't help, try renaming the admin file. Some servers don't like certain file names. You can try the renaming option first.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

It might help to post actual URLs instead of dummy placeholders (if your site is available publicly).

vpsit

• Coppermine newbie

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have tried renaming the file, but the CONFIG button still attempts to go to admin.php (so it could still be IIS 6 not liking the filename), since I think the Coppermine source code would also have to be changed to make the CONFIG button link to a different filename.

So, I re-downloaded (from a different sourceforge mirror) and installed the cpg146 folder on my webserver, in the root.  I created a new MySQL database, ran the install.php form again and was successful.  But I'm still having the same problem once I log in as the admin, I get a Page Cannot Be Displayed error whenever I click CONFIG or UPLOAD.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:35:45 am by vpsit »

Nibbler

The idea is you change the filename and then type the changed name into your browser to test. If that works then changing the link in the theme is trivial.

vpsit

• Coppermine newbie

Thank you for inspiring me.  It was a firewall issue.  Problem solved.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Was it the firewall blocking the filename or something else?

vpsit

• Coppermine newbie

Yes, the firewall blocks admin.php access.

Since I'm in control of the firewall, I'll just disable/enable as needed when I have to change gallery settings and/or upload files.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Having the firewall configured to filter out by filename is not a bright idea. I suggest turning the "filter by filename" option off completely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.