Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Gallery got hacked HELPP!  (Read 2717 times)

davelu

• Coppermine novice
My Gallery got hacked HELPP!
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:05:35 am »

Hey!
My gallery just got hacked and i have lost all my admin rights. Can someone please help me as of what i should do next. I have no idea if my host backed up my files, but hopefully they did because ther were 20,000 pic files including some videos. I havn't upgraded my coppermine since the last ver. here is the link
http://www.emmawatson.ca/CoppGallery/

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: My Gallery got hacked HELPP!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:50:53 am »

The first thing I would do is to put the gallery *really* offline by changing the permissions on the CoppGallery folder (using FTP or your webhost's file-manager panel, if there is one).  That way, the hacker will not be able to do anything further to your site.

Once there is no page returned for the URL you listed, back up all your files and your database yourself.  For the files, copy them all to your local computer using FTP.  You should then be able to figure out if you're missing any files.  Backup your database using phpMyAdmin or MySQLdumper or your webhost's database panel (which probably uses phpMyAdmin).

You should backup your files & database regularly in the future.

You are currently running 1.4.2 - the current version is 1.4.6.  The first thing you should do after you recover your admin rights is to upgrade to the current version, which incorporates some important security fixes.

To recover your admin rights, you'll have to modify your database manually using something like phpMyAdmin.  Do you have phpMyAdmin available?  And do you know if you had "encrypted passwords" set on your Coppermine config panel?  If you're not sure, you can look it up in the config table.

Please answer those questions, and then I and/or another supporter can help you further.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: My Gallery got hacked HELPP!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:06:18 am »

As you use cpg1.4.2, you shouldn't have posted on a support board for cpg1.3.x. Moving accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.