Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bridge in coppermine  (Read 3531 times)

Chefkochx

• Coppermine novice
bridge in coppermine
« on: January 19, 2004, 12:51:34 am »

If have one question.
my coppermine gallery (standalone) is on another webspace
as my phpnuke homepage. Is it possible, that my members haven't to register twice (first on my Homepage, and the second time in the gallery).
Is this the bridge function?

cu
Chefkoch

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
bridge in coppermine
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 06:52:29 am »

no, the bridge let's you integrate coppermine and a bbs (like phpBB, YaBBSE etc.) on the same domain. Look for the nuke port of coppermine, and run them on the same domain.

GauGau

Chefkochx

• Coppermine novice
bridge in coppermine
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 01:31:54 pm »

lol du kommst ja aus Deutschland...
also mein Problem ist wie oben schon erwähnt das meine Galerie auf einem anderen Webspace liegt und sich jedesmal meine Benutzer neu anmelden müssten
Ob sie sich extra einloggen müssen ist ja schon mal wurscht, aber kann man diesen Anmelde vorgang nicht irgendwie umgehen. z.B. irgendwelche Tabellen aus der Datenbank rüberkopieren (nuke_users).
Gibts da einen Trick?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Chefkochx

• Coppermine novice
bridge in coppermine
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 06:29:42 pm »

ok, so is it possible to combine one Webspace (there is my mainpage) and another webspace (there is my coppermine gallery). I don't want, that my users have to register twice, so is it possible that coppermine use the user logins from my other webspace? (it's enough when coppermine takes the usernames and passwords that my users have to registery only one time at my mainpage). Maybe I can copy some tables from one databank to another???
Please help me! Maybe there's a trick...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
bridge in coppermine
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 03:58:24 am »

copying database tables is apparently no option, as the order and content of the user tables will most probably differ.
The bridge files might be an option if you were running on the same server (you could create a bridge file for nuke as well as for a bbs), but it will only cause troubles if you're trying to accomplish two things at a time: creating a new birdge file is hard enough - having cpg and the community software running on two different domains (and that's the factor that matters, as browsers make a difference on cookies from different domains, not different servers) will make it much more complicated.

What I'm trying to say: this could be done (at least in theory) by someone who is a very skilled coder with in-depth knowledge on webservers and related issues. If you think you are this person: go ahead! Others (be it me or any other user on this board) will not be able to help you, as it will take hours to accomplish.

As you seem to be reluctant to post link(s) to your site(s) I'm just guessing: you're running on a tight budget and have your gallery and nuked site split up on servers featuring free webhosting (or at least very cheap hosting), and you're looking for a solution to overcome your tight budget with clever scripting that will feature a community site like those of people who actually pay for webhosting to have everything working as it should.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.