Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gallery modification?  (Read 5512 times)

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
gallery modification?
« on: May 27, 2006, 09:52:13 pm »

Hi,

I want to modify the gallery, l want to get rid of the comment field, and the rating thing, and I want to add a large text box for each gallery that will let me explain my work.  Any help or links to how to at least get started doing that?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 07:56:26 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: gallery modification?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 10:07:00 pm »

Disable ratings and comments in the groups page / album properties.

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 11:03:51 pm »

Alright, thanks, but how do I add a text box for each gallery then?  I'm showing my work, but there's nowhere to post any comments about what all the works in each gallery represent, as opposed to the comments about each photo.

For instance, I'm a figure sculptor, and I'd like to explain on a whole about a gallery, and what modifications I might have done to a figure, or what material I used, when it was made, ect, that wouldn't belong to a specific image, but be a comment about a particular gallery on whole, and I can't find anywhere to put that info other than maybe the title or under the description in the properties tab, but it won't support the amount of info I need to add it seems?

www.marblesculptor.net

Both the stonework and figure galleries?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 11:46:08 pm by chimera15 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 01:51:04 am »

What's wrong with the title and caption fields and the custom user fields that can hold loads of data?

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 02:40:55 am »

The title field would be rediculous to put the amount of information in, and I'm not sure about what you mean by the custom user fields, but I assume you mean comments for each individual photo like I said before, is for a particular photo right?  Any comment only seems to show a field that is the width of the photo, and pushes the gallery photos down the page a rediculous amount on the gallery page.

I need to add at least a paragraph or two of description and comments, for each of my works.

For instance..this is what I would like to add for one of my diorama's.

""
So this is my recreation of the Black lady/princess Serenity fight. It was a real project and took me at least a month to complete...probably closer to two.

I tried to use usa-p house figures where I could as I think those are some of the better looking and all in scale.

Mars is a kit bash of the 1/7th. I reposed her legs cut down her torso, arms, skirt, and reposed her left arm, and completely redid her face and used parts of her hair and added onto it as well. I also gave her a super backbow to fit in with the others, although she's missing the clear parts and stuff that she would have as a full super.

Tuxedo Mask is completely original resin kit I sculpted and cast.

Luna, Artemis, and evil Luna-p are all original works in epoxy.

All the other kits are pretty to spec, only minor changes on them.

I completely stripped and redid my Jupiter for those who saw that in the gallery earlier.

And oops, yeah I forgot my paintbrush I was cleaning dust off with in that one shot! <blush><lol>

For those that don't remeber or know, the story is that Rini gets turned into Dark Lady by the negaverse using warped memories she has of her parents, so Serena, her mother, and Tuxedo mask her father with friends have to confront her to turn her back into Rini. It's episode 81, the end of the original non super series.""

Is there currently anywhere that I could put that that wouldn't totally throw the formatting off and it would be visable?

I want to put it below or on the side of gallery thumbnail images, or somewhere on the gallery page for each set of images, so people know what they're looking at when they enter a particulary gallery and start looking at photos.

If not, anyone tell me what file has the gallery formatting in it?  I can't seem to find it, it's not in the theme php right, it's somewhere in the main gallery php?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:58:28 am by chimera15 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 10:02:36 am »

I wasn't refering to the comments field. The caption field will be just fine, that's what it was designed to be used for. Just don't make it be displayed on the thumbnail page, but only on the page that actually holds your individual image. Please read the documentation.

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:01:22 am »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the caption field.

I believe I have read the documation, or at least through the sections that pertain to this problem,  and done a search in the forum for the sections that pertain to this at this point, but really nothing in there applies that I can find.  If you can please point me to what you think will solve this problem?  Nothing there I can find refers to a caption field?

I think there definately needs to be another text box at the gallery level.

I posted my description into the 3 text areas I've found that can take text, and none of them are suitable to my description.

Are there more than 3 levels of text fields available for a particular gallery? 

There's the description on the album, accessable through album properties, that displays on the album level: http://www.marblesculptor.net/cpg135/index.php?cat=5

There's the photo description, that displays on the gallery  level:
http://www.marblesculptor.net/cpg135/thumbnails.php?album=26

And the comment field that displays on the individual, pot luck level:
http://www.marblesculptor.net/cpg135/displayimage.php?album=26&pos=0

Is there a field I'm missing?

I spoke to a friend of mine about this problem with coppermine a while ago and she told me there really wasn't anything either, and that she's had to deal with this problem herself, and is rather unhappy about it, so I know I'm not the only one at least confused.

I guess I have to hack through all the code and find where I can add it if you can't help me.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 11:52:17 am by chimera15 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 12:17:37 pm »

In the docs, the field I was refering to is labelled "description" - see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#edit_pics - exactly as you have it on the page http://www.marblesculptor.net/cpg135/displayimage.php?pos=-483
I'm not sure what your question is about, you appear to be already using the field as suggested. Please re-phrase (in simple terms) what your actual question is.

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 08:36:48 pm »

It's totally unsuitable for a long description, did you see what it did to the formating of the gallery?  It pushed the photos down and the field is only the width of an indidividual photo.  it's ugly and unprofessional to put a a long description there.  I don't even have the field currently large enough to hold the entirety of my description, you notice it cuts it off?  If I did, it would push the second column of photos down off the page!

How do I add a text box at the bottom of a gallery, that runs the length of the gallery?
What files are involved in the gallery, so I can modify them myself?
How do I access the database and pair a text box with the gallery?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 08:41:54 pm by chimera15 »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 08:41:12 pm »

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 08:43:56 pm »

Thanks! I'll give that a try!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:58:03 pm »

It's totally unsuitable for a long description, did you see what it did to the formating of the gallery?  It pushed the photos down and the field is only the width of an indidividual photo.  it's ugly and unprofessional to put a a long description there.  I don't even have the field currently large enough to hold the entirety of my description, you notice it cuts it off?  If I did, it would push the second column of photos down off the page!
This is related to your custom theme, text as long as yours displays fine using the regular description field. So what you really should look into is the design of your theme. The description field is out of the box long enough to holds the chars - I'm not sure why it is being cut off on your theme.

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 12:13:37 am »

There's a section in the control panel that allows you to specify how many characters you want to allow this field.  That's not the issue.  If I allowed it as many characters as my text would need, each column of galleries would be pushing the remaining galleries on the next rung down the page by like 800 or more pixels, which is the completely rediculous part.  I'm going to try the plugin, it looks like this is what I need.

chimera15

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 01:21:01 am »

Minimcs works! Thanks so much!  It's at the top instead of the bottom, but much much better than before!  Thanks a bunch TranzNDance!

http://www.marblesculptor.net/cpg135/thumbnails.php?album=26
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.