Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Okay I read the FAQ but still have ADD PHOTOS problems  (Read 3555 times)

www.dalbum.org

• Coppermine newbie
Okay I read the FAQ but still have ADD PHOTOS problems
« on: May 27, 2006, 11:05:11 am »

Hi

The installation of a fresh cpg was a breeze. But...

When I upload (ftp) new pics from my dig cam (<2mb) to the correct map (upload and it has all the right permissions) everything goes right. When I click ADD FILES I do see the map appear and selecting OK gives me the next page. Some of the pictures-images will show up but most of them don't (yes I see the filenames, but on the right hand side is where it all goes wrong). I get the 'missing-image' picture. Adding the pics to an album, result in none of the possible outcomes mentioned (OK, NA...). Out of an upload of 20 pics it was able to proces only 2. I only see the 'missing-image'. Then I tried to HTTP upload 5 pics. Everything goes right until it needs to add. It gives me the message: SITE NOT AVAILABLE: \sitename\photo\upload.php   The file is available!!!

Entering small pictures does work.

I only see that some of the pictures (thmb) get an OWNER CHANGE. It renames the OWNER to APACHE. Chown-ing the files to the correct user name again, doesn't resolve the problem. IMHO the problem has to do with this, but I am not sure... Any help available???

Thanx
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:53:19 pm by TranzNDance »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Okay I read the FAQ but still have ADD PHOTOS problems
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 11:07:26 am »

have you read the sticky thread on this board?  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0
It should be able to answer your question

www.dalbum.org

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 01:37:15 pm »

Read it, checked it, but no joy!  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 01:41:24 pm »

Then re-read it and do exactly as suggested: follow the recommendations of the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. Saying "no joy" is not helpful at all.

www.dalbum.org

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:44:16 pm »

Well that's support we need. Wow!!!

After a check, double check, and check again I couldn't resolve the problem. BUT... thanx to your wonderfull advice I have been looking around and found the solution myself.

It is called DAlbum. Setting it up is a breeze and it DOES what it needs to do: SHOW PICTURES IN ALBUMS on whatever way I choose to UPLOAD.

Thanx for nothing and success helping all the people who had/have/will have the same problems as I did.

Cheers.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 07:57:33 pm »

Oh, no. What a loss for us to lose someone so silly as to ask for help without providing requested details. boo hoo hoo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.