Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading files > 2MB  (Read 2446 times)

The Grand Pooh-Bah

• Coppermine novice
    • GrandCherokeePhotos
Uploading files > 2MB
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:49:44 pm »

I understand that PHP is set by default to a maximum of 2MB for files to be uploaded.  Are there any negative (other than bandwidth usage) consequences for increasing this to 4MB?

If not does anyone here know where to make these changes within PHP.  I'm on a dedicated server so I have access.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uploading files > 2MB
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:54:02 pm »

The memory assigned to PHP is being set in the server's php.ini file. The drawback is obvious: if there are multiple instances of script run simultaneously, the memory usage sums up. If more memory is being used than the server has, it will slow down (swapping) and eventually crash. I guess it's pretty safe to go to 4 MB (which is still a bit small for decent image resizing).
There are better places to ask for webserver setup than this board...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.