Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to fix duplicate photos with different filenames  (Read 2546 times)

Sougent

• Coppermine newbie
Best way to fix duplicate photos with different filenames
« on: May 25, 2006, 09:37:14 pm »

Hi,

I've uploaded some pictures to Coppermine but there are several which are duplicates, the picture is exactly the same but the file name is different. 

What is the best way to deal with these duplicates?  Trying to deal with them one by one through the interface is proving to be tedious, I was thinking of just viewing them directly and deleting them, then going into my albums and deleting the entries which have a big X for a thumbnail, though that will be tedious to do too.  Is there any mechanism or plugin available for mass viewing and deleting files?  Something along the lines of a reverse batch upload, a listing of file names and thumbnails which I can check and delete en mass.

Thanks,

Joe
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 03:11:08 am by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Best way to fix duplicate photos with different filenames
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:32:49 am »

Why not just use the "Edit Files" for each album (which uses the editpics.php script)?

It lists all the files with thumbnails to the right, and you can check off which files to delete, then it will delete the thumbnails, normal images, and fullsize images you checked all with one fell swoop.

Sougent

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Best way to fix duplicate photos with different filenames
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:57:42 am »

Why not just use the "Edit Files" for each album (which uses the editpics.php script)?

It lists all the files with thumbnails to the right, and you can check off which files to delete, then it will delete the thumbnails, normal images, and fullsize images you checked all with one fell swoop.

The answer would be that I didn't notice that link and so had never clicked on it......

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. 

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.