Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIF's - Animation - Problem  (Read 5028 times)

Bonjovicrzy

• Coppermine newbie
GIF's - Animation - Problem
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:50:11 am »

I have some signature tags on my site and I have mostly jpeg but the Gifs ... is animated with sparkle / noise ... some  tags are working and some is not is there a reason and can it be fixed where all it working  ...  this is my 2nd day for me working on my board so  I am very  green .. need easy directions please ... thanks .. so much ... Bev

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: GIF's - Animation - Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:56:54 pm »

there's only partial support for animated gifs by the image libraries coppermine uses. Not directly related to coppermine, but the image libraries used (GD and ImageMagick).

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:03:26 pm »

Until PHP releases a version that has support for animated gifs (new functions for animated gifs), there really isn't much we can do about this issue.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Bonjovicrzy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:56:47 am »

thank you GauGau & Kegobeer for the help and info ... my I ask do you know if there is talk  if PHP  is coming out with a veision for animation soon ?  there is alot of Paint Shop groups moving off MSN groups and getting forums and websites just for their groups and we work with animation ... thank you .. Bev

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:15:45 am »

Check out the PHP site.

http://us3.php.net/imagegif
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 07:23:45 am »

Actually, GD comes as a third-party app from Boutell, the PHP devs "only" coded in some functions to use the library. Considering the fact that GIFs are obsolete (mainly because of the 256-colors limitation) and that they have gone through painful experiences with the Unisys patents issues in the past, I strongly doubt that they will develop GIF support much further, but who knows...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.