Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What forum would you recommend for a bridge? Moving from gallery2 to copper  (Read 3743 times)

teamsand

• Coppermine newbie

Hi Im moving from gallery2 to coppermine because of user permission and safe-mode issues. Before I go ahead and dig in Id like to ask people with experiance which forum integration they prefer with coppermine, mainly phpbb, vbulletin, invision or smf.

Do they all work more or less the same or do some bridges have more advanced features?
Do any bridges support forum wysiwyg integration with a user albums? (if they want thier image in a post they just click a button and have access to thier album).

Ive seen some nice hacks for phpbb browsing around, but some input from users who have had experaince with differerant forums would be great, and save me tons of time, thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

as you can see, the coppermine dev team uses SMF, so it should be quite obvious what we recommend ;)
Bridging by itself doesn't create visual integration, but does only share user base and common login. However, there are some mods around and allow a closer visual integration, e.g. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25877.0

teamsand

• Coppermine newbie

Visual integration is not that important to me and usually not that hard to do, I was looking for more extendability options that some forums with coppermine might provide, or do all the bridges only support login/logout?  For instance Ive seen a hack that shows the users gallery's in thier phpbb profile, stuff along those lines. There is a lot of data on the website and many forums supported so I was looking at some user feedback and which forums  people prefer and some of the better mods/hacks that are availible for them.

cheers.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

All the bridge does indeed is providing a single sign-on (coppermine's user management is dropped in favor of the user management of your bbs app). Coppermine content showing trough in your forum needs modification of the bbs code, not the code in coppermine. This is something we're not very familiar with, you better take a look at the mods repositories of the bbs apps that you have mentioned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.